..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(07-20-2016, 04:40 PM)emkan Wrote: [ -> ]The logs that I pasted in the previous message are from a test run that used the native Mac driver (under Set Screen Options).

Okay, that is really odd. No debugging information? (All I can see is accessing a null pointer which doesn't help much)
Try using Wineskin Winery to make a brand new wrapper
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wineskin...p/download
(07-20-2016, 05:31 PM)uyjulian Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, that is really odd. No debugging information? (All I can see is accessing a null pointer which doesn't help much)
Try using Wineskin Winery to make a brand new wrapper
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wineskin...p/download

Thanks for all the help. Creating a new wrapper worked! It is up and running.
Hello there.

After reading almost all of this HUGE thread, I was fearing that I will also have some problems.

Nothing happened. I just followed your instructions and it worked just fine. Been playing metal gear solid for the last two hours. Thanks for everything!
Hi, I am using a Mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 (14F1909) 

I wanted a Playstation 2 emulator to use on my Mac computer. Unfortunately enough, there are no current versions to use and the last release was only for the Mountain Lion version which I don't have. There are no versions for Yosemite or El Capitan. As of now, according to one of the code members, said the one in charge and behind the Mac version has been disappeared and so there won't be any new versions supporting for Mac. Sad

Now I have contact someone from the code team to help me with this little guide on how to make this emulator run on the Mac computer I have. I told him what version I am using and what do I need to use if I want to use this on my computer. He send me a link to this guide and I have followed the guide very, very carefully. I already installed everything what was shown on the guide here and while everything is running okay and smoothly, I somehow run into a confusing situation here and this is how far my progress went and what I have done so far here since following the guide.

1, I installed all of the three things required including the PCSX2, PCSX2CE, Winery Wrapper thing, and the BIOS needed to run the emulator. 

2, I made a folder for the files and I added the new PCSX2 into the PCSX2CE folder to replace to old and I deleted the old one to avoid confusion and further problems.

3, the BIOS was already dragged and dropped to where it should go.

4, I opened up the Winery and updated the wrapper like it says but when I tried to "Change used wrapper" it says here that I was supposed to wait but it's been too long and nothing really happened at all. 

I took a screenshot of the issue and I would like to share it here since my topic is related to the instructions that I am dealing with here. 

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_20_at_3_16_17_AM.png]

I have a few questions regarding this issue and the guide itself, why is there no option to choose from in the filter engine list? Why is this guide haven't been updated ever since? Why should I wait when there is nothing happening on the Winery? Is there anything else did I missed that was never explained on the instructions? 

Some help would be nice!
(07-24-2016, 01:01 AM)Sonyfan98 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am using a Mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 (14F1909) 

I wanted a Playstation 2 emulator to use on my Mac computer. Unfortunately enough, there are no current versions to use and the last release was only for the Mountain Lion version which I don't have. There are no versions for Yosemite or El Capitan. As of now, according to one of the code members, said the one in charge and behind the Mac version has been disappeared and so there won't be any new versions supporting for Mac. Sad

Now I have contact someone from the code team to help me with this little guide on how to make this emulator run on the Mac computer I have. I told him what version I am using and what do I need to use if I want to use this on my computer. He send me a link to this guide and I have followed the guide very, very carefully. I already installed everything what was shown on the guide here and while everything is running okay and smoothly, I somehow run into a confusing situation here and this is how far my progress went and what I have done so far here since following the guide.

1, I installed all of the three things required including the PCSX2, PCSX2CE, Winery Wrapper thing, and the BIOS needed to run the emulator. 

2, I made a folder for the files and I added the new PCSX2 into the PCSX2CE folder to replace to old and I deleted the old one to avoid confusion and further problems.

3, the BIOS was already dragged and dropped to where it should go.

4, I opened up the Winery and updated the wrapper like it says but when I tried to "Change used wrapper" it says here that I was supposed to wait but it's been too long and nothing really happened at all. 

I took a screenshot of the issue and I would like to share it here since my topic is related to the instructions that I am dealing with here. 

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_20_at_3_16_17_AM.png]

I have a few questions regarding this issue and the guide itself, why is there no option to choose from in the filter engine list? Why is this guide haven't been updated ever since? Why should I wait when there is nothing happening on the Winery? Is there anything else did I missed that was never explained on the instructions? 

Some help would be nice!

This guide is a "really ugly" way of running PCSX2 on your Mac. OSX OpenGL drivers are stuck on 4.1 (It seems like Apple is focused on their propatary API "Metal"), so if you are able to, you should switch to Linux, where it is possible to use newer and faster OpenGL drivers, otherwise you will be stuck with software rendering which is really slow.
You need to download engines w/ Wineskin Winery: http://sourceforge.net/projects/wineskin...p/download
Never mind, I figured out it was my Winery that needs to download some kind of engine file which was required to go through that step! So sorry I am terribly new to this and I am not an expert with this coding complicated emulator stuff. 

I given up Windows because I already lost 4 due to hardware crashes/virus attacks. I want to move on and find a better computer for me to use. I was hoping that Mac would make better use than Windows but now I realized only the most overrated popular computer like Windows will only run the most programs while Mac deserves nothing! 

It is frustrating and too much complex steps but I have to do it. I got no better choice, I want a Playstation that can successfully play Japan and PAL imports. I don't want to bother going through the trouble to mod my own console at home and I don't want to waste anymore of my time when I already researched nothing about getting imports to work on my American Sony because there is nothing else, no solutions at all to play imports with an American Sony. It's really a shame for me to end up born in the United States. If I was native in Japan or in Europe, I would never waste my time dealing with this problem on a complicated emulator and people are too lazy to update their own home made emulators or making current Mac versions for poor Mac users! Sad

Right now, I am on the final step and I have already installed the two required things needed according to the instructions. I have not experienced any problems with installing the vcrun2015 either, thank god for that! I know that so many other users would have issues with this and I guess I am lucky enough to go through that step! Now, I just need to figure out on how to run it but I couldn't find anything else but the Winery keeps asking me to find an installer to use for installing the software. 

Here is a current screenshot of my progress so far. 

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_24_at_3_47_37_AM.png]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_07_24_at_3_47_28_AM.png]

I am really confused here, can somebody tell me how to run the PCS2 app? I have double clicked on the exe file then the same thing would come up and I was expecting something different to pop up after completing the following steps. Help would be nice!
Just for everyone's information, I just updated the Wineskin engine to 1.9.14 and 1.9.15. 

PCSX2 didn't work with these engines. The last one available that works is 1.9.11
I've gotten through the installation of all the packages, but when I run PCSX2-CE, the .iso and .bin files won't show up in the list. I hit the 'Explore' button and see the two files there, but when I click on them I get: 'There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file.'

I feel so close! hopefully this thread is not dead.
(08-06-2016, 08:49 AM)johnboy Wrote: [ -> ]I've gotten through the installation of all the packages, but when I run PCSX2-CE, the .iso and .bin files won't show up in the list. I hit the 'Explore' button and see the two files there, but when I click on them I get: 'There is no Windows program configured to open this type of file.'

I feel so close! hopefully this thread is not dead.

You didn't follow instructions. You are supposed to select the PCSX2 emulator exe.
(08-06-2016, 12:12 PM)uyjulian Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't follow instructions. You are supposed to select the PCSX2 emulator exe.

But I did, all of the instructions were followed explicitly. Now it's behaving differently, it no longer gives me the error I stated above ^ but rather I double click on the .iso and it opens a duplicate instance of the window with the (empty) list of .iso files.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31