..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(08-23-2016, 11:33 PM)rlpowell Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the guide!

Everything seems to work fine, and I've got audio set to "No sound" and the 4 nulls set up.

When I actually run it, though, even just to get to the PS2 bios without a CD, I get:

As you can see, this is not helpful at all.  Any ideas?

sorry, we don't provide support to pirates.
good luck
(08-23-2016, 11:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, we don't provide support to pirates.
good luck

Oh for the luva...

I own 2 PS2s, and I own *dozens* of PS2 games, including all the ones I want to run.  I've been gaming since the late 1980s and have literally spent thousands on video games.

I looked at the BIOS extraction instructions and it requires hardware I don't have (both my PS2s don't have an ethernet port), and also looks *ridiculously* hard.

There's a difference between "I'm a pirate" and "I have a job and 2 kids and don't want to spend days trying to extract stsuff from my PS2".  I get why you guys have the rules you do, but I find your accusation offensive as phrased.
(08-23-2016, 11:42 PM)rlpowell Wrote: [ -> ]Oh for the luva...

I own 2 PS2s, and I own *dozens* of PS2 games, including all the ones I want to run.  I've been gaming since the late 1980s and have literally spent thousands on video games.

I looked at the BIOS extraction instructions and it requires hardware I don't have (both my PS2s don't have an ethernet port), and also looks *ridiculously* hard.

There's a difference between "I'm a pirate" and "I have a job and 2 kids and don't want to spend days trying to extract stsuff from my PS2".  I get why you guys have the rules you do, but I find your accusation offensive as phrased.

still.
You downloaded someone else's copy of bios.
We don't allow that here.
you're on your own, as said in our rules.
(08-23-2016, 11:49 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]still.
You downloaded someone else's copy of bios.
We don't allow that here.
you're on your own, as said in our rules.

Fantastic.  Do you know anyone in the San Francisco bay area who I can pay to do the bios dumping from my PS2 for me, then?
Nope. Maybe someone around here will.
Getting the syntax error after attempting to run an iso!

Any ideas? I tried going into winetricks and installing d3dcompiler_43
Still getting this error
(08-25-2016, 08:22 AM)tdrobinson Wrote: [ -> ]Getting the syntax error after attempting to run an iso!

Any ideas? I tried going into winetricks and installing d3dcompiler_43
Still getting this error

You're using 1.5.0 v1192. Updated builds don't work. 

The last version to work was 1.5.0 v512.

Also, why are you installing d3dcompiler_43? You just need D3DX9_36

(08-15-2016, 08:52 PM)racheltabac Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, MacUser!

I'm new here and am about to download the 1415 version but the DOWNLOAD LINK is not working. Same goes to the v512.
Can you please fix the link?

Thank you very much!

The links work for me. 

they bring you to the relevant page on the Orphis build bot.  

http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
Hi everyone, 

I've updated the guide to highlight that the newer builds of the Wineskin engine are causing crashes. This might be an issue for some people. 

The last Wineskin engine to work is WS9Wineskin 1.9.11. 

Also there are a lot of people posting asking for help who obviously did not follow the guide properly. If you are having trouble getting it working go back to the beginning, take a deep breath, and go through it again slowly step by step.
(08-07-2016, 02:37 PM)TranscendentMoose Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question, if I'm having visual glitches would going to a higher d3dx9 version fix it?

Nope. 

The latest versions of PCSX2 with the OpenGL backend are a huge improvement, but unfortunately Apple haven't been developing their OGL drivers for years. The macOS Sierra beta has shown there won't be any improvement this year either. 

The DX9 backend on PCSX2 hasn't been worked on in ages, and it is now deprecated.
(08-17-2016, 08:32 PM)giojcamp Wrote: [ -> ]I think I figured out the problem. My Winetricks isn't installing d3dx9_36. I check the box, run it, and it says it is already installed. No matter what I do, it won't change. Any suggestions in how to fix that?

If it's refusing to install, trash what you've got so far and start over. Maybe also try making your own new wrapper from scratch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31