..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: dual core perfect?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
60 is a little high. With a good CPU fan and heatsink, you should be idling at around 45 at the most. Under load you'll want to be staying under 65 at the most. Do you have a fan that pulls air out the back of the case? That makes a huge difference, because it takes the hot air out of the case rather than just blowing it all around inside. I was idling at 45C until a couple days ago when the fan on the back of my case literally fell apart on me. My CPU immediately started idling at around 55C and jumping up to 70C under load, it was pretty scary. I finally replaced the fan last night and my temps dropped back down.
oh no! i seem to have started a really confusing multi-core thread which i have no idea about. great, now i'll never get my question answered (what ever the question was) Tongue
Well, newer processors have more efficient instruction set, larger cache sizes, a whole list of things that make them perform better than older P4's which is why you can get better performance out of a lower clock speed dual or quad core.

Also, the Dolphin EMU doesn't have great game compatibility yet, and sound only works properly on like 5 games. I think one of the mods/coders also said in here that the Gamecube is like 10000x easier to emulate than the PS2.
(05-23-2009, 11:27 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]60 is a little high. With a good CPU fan and heatsink, you should be idling at around 45 at the most. Under load you'll want to be staying under 65 at the most. Do you have a fan that pulls air out the back of the case? That makes a huge difference, because it takes the hot air out of the case rather than just blowing it all around inside. I was idling at 45C until a couple days ago when the fan on the back of my case literally fell apart on me. My CPU immediately started idling at around 55C and jumping up to 70C under load, it was pretty scary. I finally replaced the fan last night and my temps dropped back down.

Actually i was talking about load but today after further testing it did want to go over 60c so i stuck another 120mm fan on it and it runs at idle 37c and does not go over 55c on load.I keep my side case open for maximum fresh cool air so there should be plenty of room for it to breath.

Upon over clock in the bios (was doing software before) i only manage to get it to go 3.4 before it will not boot and any small increment in voltage will also not let it boot.
keeping yout side case open is not recommended by me because you'll get lots of dust forming inside your case if you leave it for a long time, but it won't matter if you clean your inside of your case in a while though.
(05-24-2009, 01:01 AM)Syphon Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2009, 11:27 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]60 is a little high. With a good CPU fan and heatsink, you should be idling at around 45 at the most. Under load you'll want to be staying under 65 at the most. Do you have a fan that pulls air out the back of the case? That makes a huge difference, because it takes the hot air out of the case rather than just blowing it all around inside. I was idling at 45C until a couple days ago when the fan on the back of my case literally fell apart on me. My CPU immediately started idling at around 55C and jumping up to 70C under load, it was pretty scary. I finally replaced the fan last night and my temps dropped back down.

Actually i was talking about load but today after further testing it did want to go over 60c so i stuck another 120mm fan on it and it runs at idle 37c and does not go over 55c on load.I keep my side case open for maximum fresh cool air so there should be plenty of room for it to breath.

Upon over clock in the bios (was doing software before) i only manage to get it to go 3.4 before it will not boot and any small increment in voltage will also not let it boot.

Keep in mind that if you're using something more than just noname box (case) you'd be better keeping it closed as anything that costs more than 5$ has airflow calculated and has to be closed to keep it proper.
[/quote]

I'm a bad overclocker? LOL....

And I suppose the people who review the Phenom II's were bad overclockers too? And on the stock fan? Next you'll be telling me you used the stock thermal paste...

Overclocking's not hard, especially on a black-ed CPU as you can up the multiplier, while upping the voltage in sync, leaving the RAM.
[/quote]

Yup, you use the stock fan to overclok so overclock is a little hard.I'd said that I overclock it with my Cooling Sytem,don't try this clock at home.Maybe a reviewer also a bad overclocker, since this is the first time he overclock that CPU, maybe it's a little hard, even the Black Edition still need some experient to overclock, since overclock it to 3.8Ghz is very easy, but go to 4Ghz is becoming a little hard, and to 4.9Ghz is very hard task, I used 2 hour to overclock to that clock.
4.9? Does it run stable clocked this high? If not - doesn't matter how high you can clock it.
Stable with Prime in 30', that the rule of the contest, and I played Crysis at maximum setting for 2 hour with no problem.So I can sure it stable.What do you overclock for if it's not stable?But the fact that with 4.9Ghz, I still lose the contest, the best one has overclock it to 5.12Ghz and stable with Prime in 2 hour.I totally shocked with that result.
Why the balls would you ever need a 5ghz processor
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9