FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
Hello everybody. Now I shall reveal how I managed to convert FFX NTFS save into FFX PAL save. Stop shouting: That is impossible! Preposterous!@!! Smile HA! I'm good at finding uncommon ways, ya?
So, back to business.

First of all BACK UP you current with blood and sweat acheaved memorycard.

And now that you have it backed-up we can start.
1. Download FFXED
2. Download Mymc
3. Extract every archive into different folder
4. Start Mymc
5. Find your FFX NTFS memory card, which you want to convert (ex NTFSmem.ps2)
6. Open it, find your save (usually the last one, you can choose it by the TIME of save and by the SLOT NUMBER in desxription field) and extract it (you will get the file named SLUS-NUMBERS FF10 [SLOT NUMBER] Hours_Minutes Location (16-code).psu
7. Close the Mymc
8. Start FFXED, press LOAD, browse for this SLUSextracted save and open it.
9 Open Sphere grid section and CHANGE GRID TYPE to Standard or Expert (because FFX PAL does not support Original Spere grid type).
10 Press SAVE.

Here you can edit eny parameters you want, read tha FAQ for that, but we move on.

now the long part:
11 Move NTFSmem.ps2 to another folder to keep it just in case.
12. Create using PSX2 NEW CLEAR memory card which you will use to create PAL savegame
13. Start FFX PAL GAME!!!! This involves changing of ISO from NTFS to PAL and restarting emulator
14. Start new game and save at the very first savepoint. I missed the savepoint so I had to save after Sin jorney. So look carefully: There is a savepoint between first few fights with Auron. So SAVE THERE GODDAMMIT!!!
here comes the Final Trick:
15. Close FFX completely including PSX2 emul
16. Start the Mymc again.
17. Find PAL memory card (PALmem.ps2)
18. Open it and extract (I presume there has to be the only) savegame (you'll get a file SCES-NUMBER FF10 [Slot number] Hours_minutes Location (16-code).psu
19. Now start FFXED
20. Press """Load file""" --> Browse for your SCES file (NTFS extracted save). REMEMBER!!! You will change The first file you load !!!!!
21. Press """Import"""
22. Press """Browse""" and find your SLUS file (PAL extracted save). REMEMBER!!! SLUS FILE CONTAINS YOUR HOURS of play.
23. Press """Import entire save"""
24. Press """Done"""
25. Press """Save"""
26. Just in case back-up PALmem.ps2 too. JUST IN CASE!!! JUST F#$#ING DO IT!!! ***** CAN HAPPEN!
now...
27. Start MYMC again.
28. Open your Palmem.ps2
29. Tick the save and then File --> Delete -> OK. It is necessary, because you cannot simply change the savegame. You ahve to delete it (I presume that I did PALmem.ps2 back-up)
30. Click Or File --> Import or Icon IMPORT
31 Browse for previously exctracted SCES and click OK

I congratulate you! You made it!
It may be a little too long for a PC-newbie, but beleive me it is not difficult.
Now you can start again your PSX2 with FFX PAL (you already have PAL disc mounted) and load the game named
EDITED by FFXED
and (again JUST IN CASE) RESAVE IT IMMEDIATELY!

If you want to edit your savegame - read the FAQ on FFXED.

Thank you for your attention.

Forever yours, CJIoHuKu

Sponsored links

(02-04-2015, 01:17 AM)BioFusion Wrote: Hey all!

So I'm kind of new to FFXED, even though I've used it for the past year or so. However, I'm new persay to certain aspects of the module.

For instance;

I just started a new game of FFX. I got all the way to where Rikku tells you how to use the sphere grid.

Next, I saved, and exited the game, then proceeded to open up FFXED.

I went to the "Sphere Grid" section after I loaded my save game, and wanted to play this particular run-through on the "Standard" sphere grid, and I would also play "Expert" on my next and final run-through.

However, as I change the type to either "standard" or "expert" when I load the game back up, it's just a blank screen with the message "Lv. 3 Lock is block the way!"

I've tried importing the "Standard Sphere Grid" from the "Optional FFXED Files" but to no avail.

I am running an NTSU version of the game on PCSX2 1.2.1

Any help on this?
what exactly are you trying to do? if you were trying to help yourself with the grid then you should use options All Characters Activate (makes nodes active) and Modify Max Sphere Grid and Maximize All Stat Nodes. That will give you maximum possible nodes and quantity of stats you can get. But you shouild read FAQ more carefully.
Hello, I am currently playing a hard mode FFX and I was wondering if there's a way to edit a character's sphere levels to get a little advantage at the start.
I can't seem to find anything related to Sphere levels either in the character window or sphere grid window; any help would be appreciated!
(03-02-2015, 08:04 PM)Anathem7x Wrote: Hello, I am currently playing a hard mode FFX and I was wondering if there's a way to edit a character's sphere levels to get a little advantage at the start.
I can't seem to find anything related to Sphere levels either in the character window or sphere grid window; any help would be appreciated!
fist of all backup your memorycard.ps2 file

use Mymc to export your savegame and delete this particular savegame from the Memorycard.ps2 file. (otherwise importing of modified savegame willl be impossible)

then use FFXED to open this particular file you just created and go to the Shere grid section. Use your brain and try different buttons. every button is named in the way you could easy understand what it does exactly

after modifying while being in the Sphere grid section press buton DONE

don't forget to press button SAVE

close FFXED

open Mymc again and import the file that you exported prevously and just modified with ffxed

close mymc, start PSX2 emul and check what you have done

if you stepped in ***** simply use backup of your memorycard.ps2 file and repeat the procedure to get the desirable result.

good luck

(03-02-2015, 08:04 PM)Anathem7x Wrote: Hello, I am currently playing a hard mode FFX and I was wondering if there's a way to edit a character's sphere levels to get a little advantage at the start.

btw, remember, that original and standard grids are for different NTSC and PAL versions. so you should check what grid you use
Eh, surprisingly earlier I managed to learn how to add Sphere Levels on my own and the process was different from what you described, and much simpler too.
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing?
Anyhow, it doesn't matter.
Instead, does anyone know how to add otherwise unusable abilities like Earthquake? I'd like to expand on Kimahri's Overdrives.
hello...

why i cant see the link to download FFXED
i already download ffxed jar n jarfix..still cant find FFXD
Run it. FFXED is a java tool, so make sure you got java installed.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Good morning,

I have a little problem. I use FFXED for pcsx2. After editing the save do I just have to click the FFXED's save button?
If yes the game don't found any editing save: the saves are the same as before edition.
Do I have to "save as" and put the file in a specified folder?

Edit: problem solved: I just moved the memory cards folder and it works.
Thank you all
Is it possible to directly attain the celestial weapons through the use of FFXED? Due to the difficulty of certain minigames by mouse and keyboard with the emulator, I gave myself the key items (completed my collection of all the crests and sigils to save myself the trouble.)For Wakka's weapon for example, you have to win enough blitzball games.... and blitzball at 40 FPS? Bah. I'm not doing that.

By the way I'm considering contributing my 2 completed memory cards to the community if everyone is interested. So far I'm basically up to inside sin with most side quests already completed or in progress, and an interesting sphere grid path for each character, with most characters having either lancet or osmose to gain MP on the fly during battle. This way, you can play any part of the game, initiate a no sphere grid challenge or whatever you desire with all the incremental saves and various degrees of ingame progress. Do with it what you will.

Edit: Okay I got all the celestial weapons activated and everything. Now I'm having a problem where I can't break the damage limit if they're not equipped. Aren't you supposed to be able to break the damage limit just by possessing the weapons? It's weird...
Hi fuzzymillipede!, I have problem with Blitzball, Please help me:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)