GSdx
what about fixing the graphic glitch in Shadow Hearts: From the New World? the half screen during the judgement rings is fine - but when it fades to a different camera angle another picture pops up and it's really annoying.

Sponsored links

I debugged that one, still no idea. It's the bug that prevents me from playing this supposedly nice game Tongue2
I was wondering... Is there a hardware or something that would help you to better understand how the GPU on the PS2 works? Or is it mainly because GSdx is very hard to read and fix?
I think it's a bit of both.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-31-2014, 10:30 PM)werewolfy Wrote: I was wondering... Is there a hardware or something that would help you to better understand how the GPU on the PS2 works? Or is it mainly because GSdx is very hard to read and fix?

I guess if someone decapped it that would help though. But it would cost a fortune probably. Plus it takes more than just decapping it, you need to have people sit and do the hard work of using the information gleaned from that decap.
No, there is no problem understanding the chip. The problem is emulating the features it has at good speed.
But the computers become more and more powerful each year, why doesn't the job sounds easier now? I've understood that some features would be as slow as 0.01fps but all of them?

It's absolutely not a criticism or whatsoever, just a question to better understand the problem.
GSDX refreshment is relatively slow. Perhaps it is much difficult.
Anyway,PCSX2 is great despite some minor problem.I love it. Without every coder's talent and hard working, we can not enjoy the favorite PS2 games.
Hope it will be better. Thank you!
It's more of an accuracy issue than it is a performance one.

I think input from Sony would go a long way, especially considering how the PS4 shares more PC architecture and is powerful enough to emulate PS2 games in widescreen 1080p. It would benefit both PCSX2 and the PS4. PS4 + HD backwards compatibility + PS2 library on PSN = huge market and selling point. If Sony did this, I'd even consider getting a PS4 myself.

Sega once used an unofficial fanmade Genesis emulator for Sonic Classic Collection on the DS, so it's not like collaborations between companies and emulator teams is unheard of.
(09-01-2014, 03:15 PM)werewolfy Wrote: But the computers become more and more powerful each year, why doesn't the job sounds easier now? I've understood that some features would be as slow as 0.01fps but all of them?

It's absolutely not a criticism or whatsoever, just a question to better understand the problem.

the problem is that there aren't any people who are experts on this kind of thing working on pcsx2 at the moment