GSdx
Nah, upscaling is working. However I suspect the game does various transfers from/to gs memory. GS transfers require to downscale the RT. Set upscaling to 8x and I'm sure your GPU will struggle.

Could you post your GSdx.ini file that trigger the crash? Where does it crash exactly? Just after start game?

Sponsored links

Yes, but even at x8 native the image quality in this game it's the same than native, not difference.

To reproduce the crash it's easy select custom resolution superior to 1024, for example 1025x1025, go in game and press "new game" the emulator chrashes.

Before the emulator did the same with x2 native, x3 native, etc but since your fix it doesn't, but it's no difference than native resolution.

I always played at native x3 but now pcsx2 doesn't crash so here is my GSdx.ini with custom 1025x1025 that make pcsx2 crash:

[Settings]
UserHacks_round_sprite_offset=2
UserHacks_SpriteHack=2
UserHacks_MSAA=2
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0
UserHacks_WildHack=0
UserHacks_AlphaStencil=0
preload_frame_with_gs_data=1
Userhacks_align_sprite_X=1
UserHacks_TCOffset=0
TVshader=0
ShadeBoost=1
ShadeBoost_Contrast=45
ShadeBoost_Brightness=55
ShadeBoost_Saturation=50
Fxaa=0
shaderfx=0
shaderfx_glsl=shaders\GSdx.fx
shaderfx_conf=shaders\GSdx_FX_Settings.ini
Adapter=default
Renderer=12
Interlace=7
upscale_multiplier=0
filter=1
accurate_blending_unit=2
crc_hack_level=3
MaxAnisotropy=8
paltex=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
mipmap=1
resx=1025
resy=1025
extrathreads=7
accurate_date=1
texture_cache_depth=1
UserHacks=1

Thank you very much for your interest.
Thanks. I will try your ini when I come back to home. Could you do a test without user hack. Potentially it is a different issue (in particular the preload of frame which could badly impact the perf).
The issue is linked to the preload hack. However I don't understand why.

Quote:Yes, but even at x8 native the image quality in this game it's the same than native, not difference.

To reproduce the crash it's easy select custom resolution superior to 1024, for example 1025x1025, go in game and press "new game" the emulator chrashes.

Before the emulator did the same with x2 native, x3 native, etc but since your fix it doesn't, but it's no difference than native resolution.
Custom won't improve image quality. Check buildbot build to find which commit "downgrade the quality" but I'm afraid the way the game is done, nothing can't be done.
Seems that your last fix allows to play x2 native, my bad.

I was tried x3 and x4 and x8 but not x2 native.

It's strange, x2 native seems it's working now, but x3 native, x4 native, etc looks like native resolution, even x8 native.

I don't know if you understand me.

I can't find the "downgrade quality" build.

Almost now I can play at HW mode and x2 native thanks to you.
(12-29-2015, 05:32 AM)Nexxxus Wrote: I know most people will say now: just use FXAA.

No, most people will say: use higher internal resolution.
Btw sometimes while loading save states,changing scaling modes have no effect(it stays at native)until you go to another area/screen or press F9 twice
@Nismo
It must work now with custom resolution.
Probably stupid question but is there is actually a difference between all 3 software modes.
All the work is done on the cpu and that way graphically is more accurate but is it even more accurate while using some of the 3 renders in software mode.
Thanks @gregory, it's working now, no crashes, but the same with scale 3x or x4 native i can't notice any difference with higher internal resolution.

I don't know why pcsx2 doesn't scale properly with this game .

By the way, thank you for your effords to you and all developers that make this possibble.

Regards.