PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
@BarronTrance
Interesting, it's outside the typical address range, and even weirder the address is exactly the same in the ntsc-j version... I searched for all nearby values (22002000-22002fff: unknown initial value scan -> unchanged value scan) but it doesn't look like anything expands it horizontally. 22000000 however changes aspect but breaks many things. A tough nut to crack

@Chik'Tikka
To use my Xenosaga patches with NTSC-U you'd have to change the addresses in addition to the CRC +^_^+ I think for Xenosaga 2 you can replace all 209542xx with 2095A8xx and it should work, albeit without zoom. I'm not sure about the other games' addresses, maybe hyakki can help with it since he uploaded a ntsc-u patch earlier (it's a little different from mine though) +^_^+ For xeno1 it should be simple, just search for 3f800000 and focus on the addresses similar to the ntsc-j ver

Sponsored links

@synce, ty, i'll start on that little project this weekend if hyakki doesn't get to it+^_^+ ima diy person and i'll figure it out+^_^+
EDIT; for NTSC-U Xenosaga 1(crc 6d1276ab), this value; "patch=1,EE,20942370,extended,3f400000", worked at setting it to widescreen without stretching. but the HUD/menu is still stretched and some graphics on the far edges of the screen (like chairs and other decorations) disappear. but it's not bad though+^_^+ now to figure out how to keep the decorations from disappearing
EDIT #2; here's the cheat for NTSC-U Xenosaga ep-1
.pnach   6D1276AB.pnach (Size: 154 bytes / Downloads: 1.214)
it works with about half the cut-scenes and all ingame moments so far+^_^+ most of the cutscenes are pre-recorded and only stretch with widescreen on, a good fix would be a keyboard shortcut that switches GS Window aspect ratio on the fly if it doesn't already exist+^_^+ oh and synce, the addresses were in the 209xxxxx range, ty for info+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
Asmodean: I just want you to know, there is a much easier way to get widescreen in FF7/8 by using's Aali's Custom Graphics Driver from forums.Qhimm.com, Just so you know Tongue2

EDIT: Nevermind, i just thought that you mean true widescreen, not pillerboxed of stretched, Would you mind uploading your patches? Or maybe even posting it on Qhimm? We've been trying to do a widescreen on that for a while, and never thought it possible
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
@chik

Congrats on your first patch! And good news, you can switch aspect ratio with F6 +^_^+
Added widescreen patch(was a bit bothersome to make>.< and the width one is buggy unless I find some fix, soo height one preffered/turned on by default for now) for Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3(PAL version only for now), included in my pnach - here. Gonna check if I can make the width one fully working, if the FX layer can be incresed, but I kind of doubt that, height one looks ok anyway and hopefully I patched it for everything including 2P mode;].

Edit: added a bit of cam control to make the height based ws a little better/closer to width based one, but without bugs.
Here are the results:
2P:

1P:

What's not patched? For sure character model viewer couse it's not possible to do same way and also it's just a limited room with char in the center soo it doesn't matter at all.

Edit: now for pal/ntsc-u/ntsc-j versions. If you're interested only in the patch itslef it's pretty much last few lines of codes in my patches, through it's fairy big as for widescreen patch, couse that game keeps being mean and it's engine is strange like hell, I would get the pnach files even if you don't want to cheat anyway, couse they have also patch required to play 2 bonus modes without dbzbt1/2 dvd's which swapping doesn't work now, cheats can always be turned off or whatever;P.
If anyone will find a non-widescreen scene not counting mentioned char model viewer pm me with details, as I'm seriously not into replaying whole game just to check if something's missing and two more adresses looked like having similar stuff with just slightly different width;P. Ofc 3D ingame animations only. Althrough 2D elements, like hp bars can be messed around, it's not worth the time and looks bad/unnatural I guess.

*guess I really like eye-candies*
Not sure if the camera change is soo nice, but at least the view doesn't feel soo squished, looks good imo;P
(04-04-2012, 08:07 PM)synce Wrote: @chik

Congrats on your first patch! And good news, you can switch aspect ratio with F6 +^_^+

TY synce, F6 is a godsend+^_^+ but while testing i came across a problem+^_^+ in the scene where Margulis talks to MOMO in the jail cell, it sporadically switches between widescreen and normal before finally settling on normal, at 1st i thought it was a pre-recorded scene, however adjusting resolution actually changed the internal resolution, and later messing with addresses warped MOMO around in the scene so it wasn't a per-recorded scene. so now I'm on a quest to find the address that maintains aspect ratio for that scene, however i could not find it using the 3f800000 value between addresses 15000000-3fffffff+^_^+ im going to try searching through ALL the address ranges available this weekend (i know, that's gonna be a project). anyway, my question; do games use other values besides 3f800000 for aspect ratio? on the plus side i figured out and wrote my own patch for infinite money, instant lvl per battle and infinite tech,skill,and ether points allowing a lvl 5 KOS-MOS r-cannon to do 2k damage+^_^+(it's the first time i ever messed with a game, i never even used Game-shark on my old Game boy or nothing so I'm quite proud even if such a cheat probably exists already+^_^+)
Signature purposefully left blank.
(04-05-2012, 10:36 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: (...)
do games use other values besides 3f800000 for aspect ratio?
(...)
Unfortunately the answer to that is - Yes. Each game is different, that's why it's such a bother. That last game I patched widescreen adress wasn't even stretching the screen happy there to being found it was more like made over some geometric figure and while stretching it needed other adress to correct the side effects of squishing some parts more than others.
Weird problem... I haven't tested it that much but no, it's not always 3f80~ +^_^+ I've seen values anywhere between 0.800f and 1.333f, and you can also have luck with bigger floating point ranges like 448-512. If it's just that one scene I wouldn't worry too much but if it's a persistent problem then you can try searching those value ranges, or you can search for *all* values close to the ones that you already know affect AR. I explained it to baron a few posts up, just substitute that address range for something like 20942000-20942fff +^_^+
(04-04-2012, 08:12 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Added widescreen patch(was a bit bothersome to make>.<...)

You're my hero <3 GJ

@Hyakki

It would be nice if you'd be so kind as to sort the games alphabetically please
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid215457

Thanks!
It was my third try with this game, yet without previous findings I wouldn't really made it, used even the camera control I found at the first time to make it look better and not soo claustrophobic, soo not really a wasted time. And it darn look nice;P, you're welcome.