PCSX2 configuring for low-end PCs (NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED)
As shadow lady said.. 50 FPS drops isn't too bad for RPG's, except Kingdom Hearts is an Action RPG. But as far as I've played, Kingdom Hearts runs at 60FPS most of the time, I only experience FPS drops in places like, the waterfalls in Destiny Islands and the Big area in Traverse Town.

EDIT: make that all areas in traverse town.
Mobo: ASUS B75M-A
CPU: Intel® Core i3 - 3220 @ 3.30 ghz
GPU: Inno3D GeForce GT 240 512mb/128bit DDr2
RAM: 4Gb ddr3 @ 1333MHz

Sponsored links

try the other things I mentioned
I Tested and I failed.. ^_^
what are the tech specs of your 8600?
Ouch.. I ain't using 8600GT.. I'm using GT 240 DDr2 512mb/128bit.

Here's the stats of my GPU. Still Having EE from 60-99% boost problems.. GS stays at 20-40%..

[Image: 5k3.png]
slow clocks on the GPU.. that's odd...

Quote:I see Saiki says he can get 60% speed in Tekken 5 (~36FPS in NTSC) but ehr... I wouldn't call that close to playable on a fighting game...

it's a matter of perspective, I use it as a reference, I don't play T5 too much, I have T6 on my PSP
Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 runs fine.. except for some places in which speed goes down considerably to as much as 40-45FPS, making it pretty unbearable to play.

@Saiki - My GPU is too slow??
He rather ment the slow GPU clock showing in GPU-Z is odd, but it's probably in some 2D/power consuming mode which most GPU turns on while not requiring full power. Dunno why the talk about GPU's anyway, your first limitation is clearly CPU, there is no hidden magic setting to help after you already tried speedhacks.
If you're really commited to playing on pc, trying to get some cheap used PAL copy could potentially help a bit as to accuire same speed it requires less frames to draw, meaning your 50 fps would actually be full speed and the drop to 40-45fps would be much less noticeable. But then it's not really worth it, if your ps2 still works.
miseru: That's not how it works, especially if it's not rendering that's the problem. Whether you're on PAL or NTSC you're still emulating the entire PS2 system... the results, instead of getting 54 out of 60 fps on NTSC (as a nice 10% example), you'd get 45fps out of 50 on PAL. Sometimes the results are even worse than that do to poor programming when making an NTSC game PAL... Most of the time when a game is released in a PAL region they don't reprogram the renderer (that would be a lot of work) instead they literally slow down the game (to 83% of full speed to match PAL refresh rate then run the music and sound effects at "full speed" to give the illusion of full speed). So now instead of playing the game at only 10% slower than real NTSC full speed, you're playing the PAL game at 75% of full speed (as compared to the NTSC copy)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Sorry then, my way of thinking was over the only game I have in both versions which works easier/faster(well less EE% at full speed for sure) over PAL for me while being pretty much same. So guess that could just be accident and something else slows down ntsc version a bit. But then again that game(DBZ:BT3) works at exactly same speed and changing PAL version to 60fps does makes it 20% faster soo maybe this is one of those exceptions that had rewrited renderer.(which seems obvious as making a fighting game with less speed than original would kill the gameplay)