PCSX2 configuring for low-end PCs (NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED)
It could also be because Atari/Infogrames is a European developer and thus first developed for them or simply developed their games with an international release more readily in mind where as most NTSC developers (US and Japan) tend to be a lot more obsessed with local releases only.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Ok.. lost hope to reach 50-55 FPS in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Need help in configuring the frameskip options.
Mobo: ASUS B75M-A
CPU: Intel® Core i3 - 3220 @ 3.30 ghz
GPU: Inno3D GeForce GT 240 512mb/128bit DDr2
RAM: 4Gb ddr3 @ 1333MHz
my gpu clocks:
main: 540
mem: 400
shade: 1188

I'm using dolphin curently. (typing from psp)
Maybe you should try the Skipdraw hack, rather than frameskip.
(06-16-2011, 06:42 AM)Rezard Wrote: Maybe you should try the Skipdraw hack, rather than frameskip.

Skipdraw????
Skipdraw hack is ment for fixing graphic problems not speeding up the game O.o or at least I dunno if it could speed the game in any noticeable way. You can try by adding "allowHacks=1" to gsdx.ini, to show it in the plugin settings, but make note even if you menage to gain some speed, using skipdraw hack can break some graphic in your game.

Frameskip generally is bad and most likely will just worsen whole gameplay, but it depends on the game so you can experiment by playing in window and change it's settings untill you find it decently playable, then set it to work only in turbo mode and set turbo mode as 100% to maintain original speed, then just turn it on/off by pressing TAB in moments you need it during fullscreen play.
(for example - try 1 to draw, 2 or 4 to skip, it could be a few fps faster, but your game will loose smoothness which is generally horrible)
(06-17-2011, 12:35 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Skipdraw hack is ment for fixing graphic problems not speeding up the game O.o or at least I dunno if it could speed the game in any noticeable way.

A bad effect can make games slowdown to a crawl, some games currently skip such effects in GSdx in order to keep playability and the same goes with skipdraw which can remove some bad effect and be faster that way.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-17-2011, 12:47 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: A bad effect can make games slowdown to a crawl, some games currently skip such effects in GSdx in order to keep playability and the same goes with skipdraw which can remove some bad effect and be faster that way.

Yes SenseiTongue, not sure if that will help in this case ~ of running KH on slow pc that gives a slow down in big areas(meaning not really slowing down by just effects) through. //BTW watched that anime, damn second series was sad;C.
Does the speedhack option really even work? I tried it all an my EE still reaches 100%. I'm playing with frameskip options on at 2 and draw at 2 also. Skipdraw hack is also enabled, still no improvement. Take note.. I shifted from KH1 to KH2.
Speed hacks work, but they aren't miracle workers. For most games, all the speed hack options turned on (aside from ones that completely break games like VU cycle steal) will probably only net you about 10-15% increase at most. Certain games respond incredibly well to them and can net you huge benefits from certain speed hacks while others won't respond well at all (or just plain break Wink)
[Image: 2748844.png]