Ace Combat 5 is still not playable on 0.9.8.
Night Raven, I'm not technologically competent enough to get a grasp of what you're trying to do, but know that I'm thankful of your efforts even if you do not succeed. May the spirit of Razgriz aid you on your journey Tongue

Sponsored links

why do the games actually all look so damn close? i would contribute but i can't for the freakin sake pick one pic on google and say if the look is worth it. game play is just like the classic. i had 1,2 and 3 (yumm psx eyecandy). not even seen the "newer" parts. are there any more experimental fighter designs i might wanna look at (maybe jerk off to Laugh). far from that falken model (cool). i'm already pretty nice with the raptor design. so... pretty boring sh*t to develop. i'm with the official coders here. i know why they don't care. Laugh

but... respect for those willing to hack it playable.
Ok, im already working on it, just need something from you guys, would help if you had any form of contact so i can have a tester and hm, a savefile of Unsung war The Jp version or Eu Version,where the error happens, in the level that it happens, preferable the jp version , the one Bartlet call him Booby.

And Razgriz bless us all!

Also, Tongue The Hardware config to be able to run without bugs in textures.
why the jp or eu version. i don't speak japanese and the english eu is 50 fps. i want 60. Laugh

and does the us version work? or is it the same as the jap? look like it comes with two languages. but just asking. lol
just saw that video of that jap guy. is that a mirrored virtual address he's patching? or am i missing the point of endianness? yo @rama you might know this. also... is the pcsx2 debugger working? it would probably be helpful, maybe easier to check that out in disasm code form at that very runtime.

mmmh.
(07-14-2013, 07:19 PM)Night Raven Wrote: Roger, will start working on that Laugh
Any chance you have xfire ?

Will use this as an API :
http://pastebin.com/Vq8wfy39

No xfire here;3,

About that API, as I understand it would be usefull for creating simple trainer which freezes values, but if you'll need an aob scan for it(and you'll probably do need it), that'll pretty much be useless;p unless you write that by yourself as well. Using cheat engine for that would be way easier since it already has all needed stuff and way more.
Also instead of starting by creating app, firstly find what you want to patch and to what, and an address or aob which can be searched each game&mission pointing to it.

BTW Are there any more details on the video than under it's description?Tongue
Oh nvm I found it on yt by searching for the title:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKdhNHkxi2c

Soo the planes which are bugged are only those B-1B? Shown on the video or any others? Pff with this movie it's extra easy, you basically have to patch an address 0x63 bytes from plane name to value stored at 0x43 bytes from it. With that info I could write an app myself right now, but to make it fully automatic I would also have to know some address which value always changes between missions, but stays same during whole mission;p. Well technically even to make it fully automatic it wouldn't be needed, but then it would uselessly try to search stuff when not needed ~ a slight waste of resources.
A savestate from the mission could be usefull too(since it basically have a full memory dump;p) so I could check some stuff.

Edit:
By watching the clip again I would probably need 3 savestates to be sure of what I have to do there:
- one made during some mission,
- one made during same mission, but started new from restarted game not using savestates to get to it(if that's possible;p),
- one made during totally different mission.
Doesn't matter pcsx2 version, in fact I only need ee memory dump from the savestates, to check some stuff which this clip does not show.
I understand only some planes cannot be hit in this game, through I might not even need to know which ones since by the japanese video it's pretty much copy of one byte to another one, so I guess it can either be checked which one is bugged by checking those, or all of them can safely be patched same way without breaking the game. I pretty much have a nice small patcher I could reuse for this already done, so I could make a test version today as long as I get those savestates.
anybody knows a fix for the us version where the butoons don't work? i got this and it's crap? Laugh great.
(07-12-2013, 06:13 PM)Night Raven Wrote: So whats the issues that happens now?
For me its the texture that gets all messed up, how did u guys fix that?
And obviously the hit detection.

The only way to fix the texture is by using SW renderer...I think?

AFAIK some other Namco games (Ridge Racer V) have texture issues too, SW renderer is the only way to go.
(07-15-2013, 07:39 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Soo the planes which are bugged are only those B-1B? Shown on the video or any others? Pff with this movie it's extra easy, you basically have to patch an address 0x63 bytes from plane name to value stored at 0x43 bytes from it. With that info I could write an app myself right now, but to make it fully automatic I would also have to know some address which value always changes between missions, but stays same during whole mission;p. Well technically even to make it fully automatic it wouldn't be needed, but then it would uselessly try to search stuff when not needed ~ a slight waste of resources.
Nope, here's the following objects that are bugged:
-large planes/bombers (i.e B-1B in the vid)
-terrain (you can 'dive' up to negative altitude, but it's more or less a helpful bug since some AI planes can 'swim' underground too)
-large surface objects (mostly ships or TGT ground objects)

Looking forward to your work, good luck.

(07-15-2013, 06:19 PM)xstyla Wrote: anybody knows a fix for the us version where the butoons don't work? i got this and it's crap? Laugh great.

I assume you're using older PCSX2? Since AFAIK in the old version you can't even press START during title screen.
Intel Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz x 2GB DDR2 RAM x XFX Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
(07-16-2013, 03:59 AM)Gespenst Wrote: I assume you're using older PCSX2? Since AFAIK in the old version you can't even press START during title screen.

nope. 5600er something. plugin issue. i usually use ssspsx. didn't do. the start button worked tho. Huh Laugh

just played the first mission with some 10fps. ~50 if i bump up my graphics card from power saver. it really needs some beef. Ohmy runs pretty good tho. after some cache warming.

and the bugs are... well.. ugly. textures look really f*cked up. i'd try a mixed renderer for that terrain with some kinda bitmask and a spare depth buffer for a composite pass. a complete gsdx hack. that's probably the best that could be done with that. and the collision... yeah... really tricky. is already worked on.

so far... enjoy. Wink
Ah, I see.

The 'only' way to enjoy AC5 and Zero at the moment is by using Falken (all unlock save is neccessary for this) and abusing TLS at anything that can't be killed using normal method.
Intel Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz x 2GB DDR2 RAM x XFX Nvidia Geforce 8600GT