GSdx
Tested ST Half Texel on Xenosaga I-II-III and DQ8 this removes the blacklines that appear randomly in the games, Most noticeable in Xenosaga I-II-III startmenus, Put ST Half Texel on and those lines are gone.

The Xenosaga hack works great to fix the hair problem in DX10/11.

Would love to see all this included into new verisons of GDSX/SVN builds

So Kudos to KrossX specially the Hair and black lines fix cause I know about them for years special in Xenosaga games

Sponsored links

(02-11-2013, 05:29 PM)KrossX Wrote: @AzazelDC: Check the colums, with the ST hack there are black borders that don't look proper to me. Try the WildArms hack, I remember it was good for DQ8. Other than that, please upload a gsdump in that location if you can.

"WildArms hack" already activate, Texts are good with this hack.
"Skipdraw=1" for shadows
"Allow 8 bits textures" on
And your hack Smile

Gsdump in attachment.

Attached Files
.7z   dump1.7z (Size: 5,39 MB / Downloads: 125)
.7z   dump2.7z (Size: 5,39 MB / Downloads: 150)
(02-11-2013, 08:27 AM)devina40 Wrote: Just had to post, the ST Half Texel hack does WONDERS for Haunting Ground.
It literally removes all the weird image bleeding (not just around character models but also around environments), and also gets rid of the weird black bar at the bottom.
It's definitely a must-have.

(Big difference)

(Disabled)

(Enabled)

Quick question,
how to apply this patch? Just put it in the pnach folder or do I have to create a 'patch' folder ?
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB
Just wait for the newest SVN build for now.
New version!

So, being unhappy about how hacky that was and how all over the place it was... it's now more bloated! Yay! Laugh

The new thing is the ST Offset hack, but it lets you select the offset. 500, 500 would be the values for the previous hack while 0, 1000 would be the equivalent to the Xenosaga hack. It only affects ST coordinates and not also UV as before, so sprites are safe now I suppose. This is having post processing in mind, and different scaling. Now you can mess around to what looks good for your configuration.

Also, some minor change to the WildArms hack. White spaces and it was checking twice for the same thing. And... Hacks description text should be less flickery now.

Binary + Patch, VS2012 build again so... runtimes. Patch is also attached.

@rama: I checked some screenshots to see if there was some kind of general texel offset missing, but nope. Persona 3 with the bad minimap was quite "perfect" ... except for the minimap. So, Q should be good. Wacko

Attached Files
.zip   ST_Offset-Hack_GUI_Patch.zip (Size: 4,05 KB / Downloads: 126)
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Tried the new version.
Unfortunately, 500,500, doesn't seem to help Haunting Ground and Fatal Frame 3 and Rule of Rose anymore, whereas ST Half Texel did. :/
Indeed, I forgot to test that one. It's a UV issue rather than ST issue... I guess I should put it where it was on the shader, and rename it. Cuz, it wouldn't be for just ST no more.

#EDIT: There, now it's for both ST and UV. Renamed to TC Offset Hack for "Texture Coordinates".

Binary + Patch. Patch only, attached.

#EDIT2:

@rama: If you can, tell Giga to look at this.

Attached Files
.zip   TC_Offset_Hack_GUI_patch.zip (Size: 4,1 KB / Downloads: 154)
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
That did the trick. Thanks Kross. Happy

Fatal Frame 3 is such a beautiful game. Now I can finally play it in HD without any major issues.
Everything from the characters, lighting and environments is impressive and oozes atmosphere.

[attachment=42476]
@KrossX That TC offset hack is great. Suprised how universal that is, when I unlocked working post processing effects in Budokai Tenkaichi 3 I previously had to use wildarms + customized half pixel offset hacks together to get all that postprocessing layers on it's place to fix "ghosting", this hack does same job by itself(althrough needs different values for each res, works now in custom as well;3).
Great KrossX, you finished what I had planned but never did Tongue2
Your solution is also somewhat clean for what it is.
I'll commit that to trunk now.

We'll also be able to remove hacks now. First candidate is the one called "Half-pixel Offset"
which was made mostly for GoW. That game looks to be fine at 3x scaling and x=350, y=350 now Smile