GSdx
Just had to post, the ST Half Texel hack does WONDERS for Haunting Ground.
It literally removes all the weird image bleeding (not just around character models but also around environments), and also gets rid of the weird black bar at the bottom.
It's definitely a must-have.

(Big difference)
[attachment=42451]

(Disabled)
[attachment=42452]

(Enabled)
[attachment=42453]

Sponsored links

While making a skipdraw fix for Steambot Chronicles few posts above and testing it now, I noticed shop menu works just fine in older gsdx versions, but is broken from anything of r5072 till now ~ it was glitched just like the rest of the game, but skipdraw fixes that, new gsdx versions from the noted revision show just black screen through(software mode works, but it's very heavy even in that menu). If anyone a bit more advanced in gsdx could check it out, I'll supply any requested info.
Nice work KrossX, I'll commit your work later today.
Miseru99: I can look at it but don't count on any results Tongue2
"ST Half Texel" improve slightly Dragon Quest 8 and surely others games Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Good luck then. That revision which bugged it is totally black magic for me.^_^; Do you need a gs dump? It's black screen in new versions, soo dunno if gs dump would be helpfull, nothing crashes nor freezes, simply graphic doesn't show at all in any of the parts shop submenu. Maybe it has something to do with texture format used in this game(PSM_PSMCT16S I suppose) and that shortcut gabest noted in that commit, but yeah black magic, I don't even know what I just said;p.
@rama: I don't think it's good stuff to be commited though.

@miseru99: Yeah, gsdumps can help quite a bunch when testing hackups. I mean... fixes.

@AzazelDC: Check the colums, with the ST hack there are black borders that don't look proper to me. Try the WildArms hack, I remember it was good for DQ8. Other than that, please upload a gsdump in that location if you can.

@devina40: Nice... side-effect. Would you mind uploading a gsdump please? SHIFT+F8, take two cuz sometimes dumps don't work well.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(02-11-2013, 12:24 PM)AzazelDC Wrote: "ST Half Texel" improve slightly Dragon Quest 8 and surely others games Smile

I gona have to test that out next time i get urge to play DQ8, I do know for fact that st half texel option removes the black lines and odd lines that appear in Xenosaga I and II Gamestart menu I wonder if it removes the same odd lines that appear in BOF dragon Quarter too. gona have to test that when I test DQ8

Kudos once again KrossX on these finds and fixes
KrossX:
Can you drop by IRC for a chat? Don't want to go over this via forum Tongue2

miseru99:
Don't need a GS dump, thanks.
Also I went ahead and added your Steambot Chronicles crc hack, hope you don't mind? Tongue2
*attached dump*
Is that what you need? I turned the hack on while taking this dump so I hope it's fine. Smile

I also found out that the ghosting issue for Haunting Ground only seems to appear on resolutions at 3x native and above, so the ST Half Texel solves the ghosting from 3x-6x.

Also found another good ST Half Texel side effect for Fatal Frame 3.

[attachment=42462]

When playing at resolutions 2x and higher, a white bar on the right side of the screen appears. The hack pretty much gets rid of the white bar and the ghosting.

A very similar scenario applies to Rule of Rose when playing at resolutions 2x and higher.

[attachment=42463]

So yeah, just to restate the obvious: ST Half Texel improves Persona 3, Haunting Ground, Dragon Quest 8, Fatal Frame 3 and Rule of Rose.
@rama cool, thanks;3