GSdx
Hi I did some searching but couldn't find anything in this thread. First is a question, did Direct3D10 get removed from the latest GSDX plugin? I only see D3D9 as an option. The older version of the plugin I was using was 1.15 r1873 and it allowed D3D10. Not a huge deal as it still works but I was just curious.

Second, I did find that using the most current GSDX seems to have display issues in Castlevania CoD (GSDX 1.16 r3623). The environment is completely black, but the character is rendered fine. If I use the old plugin and set VU1 to legacy it works fine.

Sponsored links

Quote:Hi I did some searching but couldn't find anything in this thread. First is a question, did Direct3D10 get removed from the latest GSDX plugin? I only see D3D9 as an option. The older version of the plugin I was using was 1.15 r1873 and it allowed D3D10. Not a huge deal as it still works but I was just curious.
It does, if you don't see it it means that you haven't updated your DirectX or you are missing various Windows updates required for it to work in newer versions. All described in the first post.

[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-19-2010, 08:12 PM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:Hi I did some searching but couldn't find anything in this thread. First is a question, did Direct3D10 get removed from the latest GSDX plugin? I only see D3D9 as an option. The older version of the plugin I was using was 1.15 r1873 and it allowed D3D10. Not a huge deal as it still works but I was just curious.
It does, if you don't see it it means that you haven't updated your DirectX or you are missing various Windows updates required for it to work in newer versions. All described in the first post.

Ahh sorry I reread it. It said at least SP1, but then another item says requires SP2. I'll give it another go, thanks.
Installing SP2 and Direct X 11 solved the issue.
I have a question. Has anyone who understands DirectX code tried to mess around with implementing Screen Space AA in GSdx? While technically it is not as good as HW MSAA do the limitations of working on the final image it seems like it would be much less likely to produce bugs in the games then forcing HW MSAA. I tried look at implementing it but with only very limited openGL experience I couldn't even find the location I was looking for in GSdx. However the fact that is it essentially a post process filter makes it quite useful in situations like this as it doesn't change the render pipeline just adds a step onto it.

Here is a implementation someone did that seems pretty plug and play. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/..._id=580517. I know it's not remotely a priority but it might end up being useful at some point.
Hey folks, new here Smile

Just hoping someone can help me out with a bit of a visual issue in MGS3: Subsistence. I have the game working wonders under hardware rendering, with next to no loss in frame rate. However the game does seem to be missing some of its post processing. This isn't a big drama for the most part except for the codec screen, where the character portraits (and background overlay over Snake) seem to be missing. It works perfectly visually under software rendering, but the performance hit is pretty substantial. So I'm hoping there's a way around this without having to switch to Software rendering.

As it is my in PCSX2: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3363/codec.png
And for point of reference, this is how it should render http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p2/m/g/mgs3p2966.jpg
Running the SSE41 version of the plugin with DX11 hardware rendering. Beyond that my settings in the graphics plug are pretty tame, running at the native PS2 resolution
So anyone got any ideas? Smile
Just as some additional info, the general forest ambiance (that greeny misty look) seems to be missing but I'm not so concerned about that

Thanks in advance folks!
I know Tales of the Abyss has been a tricky game to get up and running with scaling in the past due to ghosting but some people have report success and I just can't get it to not ghost for the life of me.

Screenshot 1:
Left Offset Hack On | Right Offset hack off.
http://i.imgur.com/8aLoJ.png

Screenshot 2:
Left Offset Hack On | Right Offset hack off.
http://i.imgur.com/qK2BM.jpg

My Settings:
http://i.imgur.com/2hRxK.png

Basically as you can see, the offset hack fixes some parts of the game but breaks others. I have no idea why the plugin would render bloom effects in the wrong location in 1 instance but then do it correctly in another.

Any ideas? Also is there any way to configure a hotkey for the offset hack? Then at least one could toggle it back and forth as needed.
I think it has to do with upscaled resolution (meaning, higher than native PS2 or 320x240 internal resolution). Try switching the internal to "native" and see if the ghosting goes away. It doesn't look nearly as good at native, but it should help.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(09-27-2010, 08:32 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: I think it has to do with upscaled resolution (meaning, higher than native PS2 or 320x240 internal resolution). Try switching the internal to "native" and see if the ghosting goes away. It doesn't look nearly as good at native, but it should help.

That definitely fixes it.

However, I was just wanting to point out that the scaling issue is rather spastic in that it sometimes breaks while offset is on and other times breaks the offset hack is off.

IMO I may as well just play on my PS2 if I'm going to have to play on native Tongue
(09-27-2010, 11:56 PM)Ryethe Wrote:
(09-27-2010, 08:32 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: I think it has to do with upscaled resolution (meaning, higher than native PS2 or 320x240 internal resolution). Try switching the internal to "native" and see if the ghosting goes away. It doesn't look nearly as good at native, but it should help.

That definitely fixes it.

However, I was just wanting to point out that the scaling issue is rather spastic in that it sometimes breaks while offset is on and other times breaks the offset hack is off.

IMO I may as well just play on my PS2 if I'm going to have to play on native Tongue

Just a quick update:
I played a bunch last night without the offset fix on and I've noticed no ghosting/bloom issues except in the title screen. This was the opposite in old versions of the plugin, so I'm wondering if the plugin was updated to contain hacks to correct this directly (but not the title screen).

The only downside to playing without the offset fix is that the character polygons look blurry rather than crisp (like a semi AA almost).

TL;DR: Play with the offset hack off and ignore the title screen.