Graphics stretch issue with latest nVidia drivers
Okay a fix is live in r5796, let me know if any games still do it and their region.

To enable it, it's in the HW Hacks section called "NVIDIA Hack", cos I'm creative like that ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Giggity giggity Awwwwriiiiiiiiiiight.

"If you have AMD/ATI you should not needs this"

xD
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(01-06-2014, 01:32 AM)refraction Wrote: Okay a fix is live in r5796, let me know if any games still do it and their region.

To enable it, it's in the HW Hacks section called "NVIDIA Hack", cos I'm creative like that ;p

Will do This is good enough reason for me to update my svn seeing i still using 5695, which if i remember correctly was the svn that fix vp2 from not loading after previous svn broke.

On bright side we have work around till nvidia Accidentally fixes this
Tried the latest r5800 with the nVidia hack with the latest nVidia 331.93 beta drivers and I wasn't getting the stretching issue anymore. At this stage all the SSX games I have tried seem to be fixed.

Thank you refraction for the hack. Any closer to finding out what may be causing this in the first place?

My GSDX settings were as follows:

[Settings]
ShadeBoost_Contrast=50
ShadeBoost_Brightness=55
ShadeBoost_Saturation=50
Adapter=10DE:1088:086810DE:A1
ModeWidth=1920
ModeHeight=1080
ModeRefreshRate=50
Renderer=3
Interlace=7
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=1
windowed=0
filter=1
paltex=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
nativeres=0
resx=1920
resy=1080
extrathreads=0
ShadeBoost=1
Fxaa=1
UserHacks=1
UserHacks_MSAA=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SpriteHack=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0
UserHacks_WildHack=0
UserHacks_AggressiveCRC=0
UserHacks_AlphaStencil=0
UserHacks_NVIDIAHack=1
UserHacks_DisableCrcHacks=0
UserHacks_TCOffset=0
I have no solid idea to what the problem is, it's very confusing and weird. Without some serious debugging i doubt we can find out what it is. The problem obviously lies inside the nvidia drivers, but it's impossible to replicate outside of the program without knowing the cause.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

the hack works great for vp2 no more zoom/stretching.
New GeForce 332.21 WHQL driver out, everyone~
Doesn't seem to have fixed it though, so don't get your hopes up.
Nvidia has precautionary driver ID values/setups for any binaries without official nvidia profiles for them. You can see a few of them with nvidia inspector, if you click show unknown vals. Obviously it's only a guess, but maybe nvidia changed one/some of these recently, and it had some effect on PCSX2/GSdx? I dunno myself what else it could be.

edit: either that or it's just a blatant driver bug from NV, that GSdx is more sensitive to. NV drivers have been terrible (imo) since 314.xx.
Refraction, have ALL my +1 and reps! This fix is AWESOME!
For those that might be technically-inclined, did you include the source anywhere? I'm curious to know how this fix was done.

EDIT: Confirmed that this DOES WORK for Valkyrie Profile 2. Finally! =D
https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/d...ec=svn5796&r=5796&format=side&path=/trunk/plugins/GSdx/GSDevice11.cpp

Basically the hack wiggles the input geometry a bit and that might cause the driver to stop optimizing frames away.
Just my guess though, it could be so many things Tongue2