InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(09-17-2014, 08:01 PM)roli Wrote: No the only folder in %appdata%/ds4windows is profiles

Thats the issue, something is keeping the file from being created or written to, no errors in the log I assume?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(09-17-2014, 08:03 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Thats the issue, something is keeping the file from being created or written to, no errors in the log I assume?

No errors log, only the profile folder.
(09-17-2014, 09:39 PM)roli Wrote: No errors log, only the profile folder.

i mean in the application, any errors in the log?

(09-17-2014, 09:50 PM)jhebbel Wrote: i mean in the application, any errors in the log?

where should i look for the log?
EDIT: If you mean the log inside the ds4windows aplication, there where no errors there
(09-17-2014, 10:29 PM)roli Wrote: where should i look for the log?
EDIT: If you mean the log inside the ds4windows aplication, there where no errors there

I wonder if it's related to a localization issue again, you deleted the DS4Windows folder when we were trying to get your tool to start before right?

Hi, having some trouble setting my ds4 up with bluetooth. My computer recognizes the controller and seems to pair up with it ok, it shows up in Devices and Printers, but it doesn't show up in the windows Game Controllers list or DS4Windows. In your pairing video you say that "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc. (HID)" needs to be checked in the controller properties. I don't have that check box. There's nothing at all under Bluetooth Services in my properties. Do you know why that option might be missing? Or how to get it back?

I'm on Windows 7 x64, using an Azio BTD-V401 bluetooth adapter. Thanks for any help, and if you need any more info just let me know.
Does anyone know of any other plans to fork off from the original DXInput DS4 Wrapper (1.3c?) to make yet another driver?

I'm curious what other options there are, since the original seems to have stopped development, the "other DS4Windows" split looks like it died in June and the one particular to this thread, which looks to be updated is a very very laggy, oddly behaving piece of software. (To be frank, it looks like a nasty UI on top of the existing drivers, I'm not actually sure if anything to the underlying driver code from the original wrapper is even significantly changed)
(Sorry Op, calling it how I see it, very very laggy, odd piece of code)

Can someone please tell me there's other people working on the DS4 drivers? Something simple and reliable? I get "drop outs" on all existing drivers, - once the controller goes to sleep, simply pressing the PS button does NOT just re-sync and work perfectly. I've got to stop and start and fiddle with stuff.
(09-18-2014, 11:47 AM)ham_juggler Wrote: Does anyone know of any other plans to fork off from the original DXInput DS4 Wrapper (1.3c?) to make yet another driver?

I'm curious what other options there are, since the original seems to have stopped development, the "other DS4Windows" split looks like it died in June and the one particular to this thread, which looks to be updated is a very very laggy, oddly behaving piece of software. (To be frank, it looks like a nasty UI on top of the existing drivers, I'm not actually sure if anything to the underlying driver code from the original wrapper is even significantly changed)
(Sorry Op, calling it how I see it, very very laggy, odd piece of code)

Can someone please tell me there's other people working on the DS4 drivers? Something simple and reliable? I get "drop outs" on all existing drivers, - once the controller goes to sleep, simply pressing the PS button does NOT just re-sync and work perfectly. I've got to stop and start and fiddle with stuff.

Im going to assume that you have not read any of this thread or any of the website. Try the 1.5 distro.

(09-18-2014, 12:34 AM)antwon87 Wrote: Hi, having some trouble setting my ds4 up with bluetooth. My computer recognizes the controller and seems to pair up with it ok, it shows up in Devices and Printers, but it doesn't show up in the windows Game Controllers list or DS4Windows. In your pairing video you say that "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc. (HID)" needs to be checked in the controller properties. I don't have that check box. There's nothing at all under Bluetooth Services in my properties. Do you know why that option might be missing? Or how to get it back?

I'm on Windows 7 x64, using an Azio BTD-V401 bluetooth adapter. Thanks for any help, and if you need any more info just let me know.

The only way I know of for that to not be visible is if the controller is not paired or connected properly to begin with, are you using Windows drivers for your BT dongle? Meaning you did NOT use a manufactures CD or download to install it. If not reinstall it using just windows drivers. Were you able to successfully pair? The controller can still show up in windows even if it is not properly paired. Are you selecting the correct controller to look for the service? Only the BT instance of the DS4 will have the option, not any of its ghost duplicates.

(09-18-2014, 12:53 PM)jhebbel Wrote: Im going to assume that you have not read any of this thread or any of the website. Try the 1.5 distro.

I will give it a crack, the description for it sounds promising. I tried 1.4 a couple of times and found the entire UI for the program simply felt "laggy" it's like there was bugs in the rendering code for the GUI or something. The core level driver in the backend however seemed relatively reliable. (Well as reliable as 1.3, so it still has frustrasting issues)
Is there a link to the 1.5 alpha?

Also while I'm in this thread, anyone have a list of definitive, cheap ebay BT dongles? I've got 3 of them but I'm happy to pick up some more for testing. I just want something damn reliable.