InputMapper - Now supporting more devices and plugins.
(09-18-2014, 01:16 PM)ham_juggler Wrote: I will give it a crack, the description for it sounds promising. I tried 1.4 a couple of times and found the entire UI for the program simply felt "laggy" it's like there was bugs in the rendering code for the GUI or something. The core level driver in the backend however seemed relatively reliable. (Well as reliable as 1.3, so it still has frustrasting issues)
Is there a link to the 1.5 alpha?

Also while I'm in this thread, anyone have a list of definitive, cheap ebay BT dongles? I've got 3 of them but I'm happy to pick up some more for testing. I just want something damn reliable.

http://1drv.ms/1qYPuq2 BTH-400 or BT-400 model dongles coupled with windows 8.1 is the most stable setup.
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool

Sponsored links

(09-17-2014, 11:02 PM)jhebbel Wrote: I wonder if it's related to a localization issue again, you deleted the DS4Windows folder when we were trying to get your tool to start before right?
I first deleted the contents of the %appdata%/ds4windows folder, then i moved the Whole ds4windows folder to desktop and ran the tool, but because it a New one wasn't automatically made, i moved the ds4windows folder back to appdata. But it can't have anything to do With that, because the start minimized option didn't work in the previous 1.5 RC Version either and when i used that Version I hadn't touched the appdata->ds4windows folder
(09-18-2014, 02:06 PM)roli Wrote: I first deleted the contents of the %appdata%/ds4windows folder, then i moved the Whole ds4windows folder to desktop and ran the tool, but because it a New one wasn't automatically made, i moved the ds4windows folder back to appdata. But it can't have anything to do With that, because the start minimized option didn't work in the previous 1.5 RC Version either and when i used that Version I hadn't touched the appdata->ds4windows folder

It is in fact a localization issue, narrowing it down more, was able to reproduce on a german install of windows but english installs seem to work fine.

(09-18-2014, 02:06 PM)roli Wrote: I first deleted the contents of the %appdata%/ds4windows folder, then i moved the Whole ds4windows folder to desktop and ran the tool, but because it a New one wasn't automatically made, i moved the ds4windows folder back to appdata. But it can't have anything to do With that, because the start minimized option didn't work in the previous 1.5 RC Version either and when i used that Version I hadn't touched the appdata->ds4windows folder

Ok, issue tracked down and fixed. Give the new installer a shot (same url).

I'm ordering one of the BT-400 dongles, not bloody cheap either.
I've also found this dongle (I didn't order it, considered it) which is an asian model broadcom chipset 4.0 model - which is "expensive" for asia - so it might actually legitimately have the right chip in it.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Broadcom...3394307c0f Looks like it's marketed as a "Cosmos" model but that's probably meaningless. It may or may not have the "proper" BCM20702A0 chipset in it, worth someone maybe ordering, 1/3 the cost of the proper Asus model.

Also note, it seems the BCM20702A0 isn't too well supported in Linux, so it may be no good for SteamOS which may be bad long term if they add (when, I'm sure) DS4 support.
(09-18-2014, 02:59 PM)ham_juggler Wrote: I'm ordering one of the BT-400 dongles, not bloody cheap either.
I've also found this dongle (I didn't order it, considered it) which is an asian model broadcom chipset 4.0 model - which is "expensive" for asia - so it might actually legitimately have the right chip in it.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Broadcom...3394307c0f Looks like it's marketed as a "Cosmos" model but that's probably meaningless. It may or may not have the "proper" BCM20702A0 chipset in it, worth someone maybe ordering, 1/3 the cost of the proper Asus model.

Also note, it seems the BCM20702A0 isn't too well supported in Linux, so it may be no good for SteamOS which may be bad long term if they add (when, I'm sure) DS4 support.

Its only $14 USD in the states for a BT400, and DS4 is already supported in linux as it is just a DirectInput controller.

I thought the DS4 only worked in Linux via cabled method, to do so wirelessly would require a working BT adapter. Assuming the rumours are true about that Broadcom chip, you'll end up buying an apparently great Windows BT controller and mediocre linux (well if your distro is a bit behind)
(09-18-2014, 04:06 PM)ham_juggler Wrote: I thought the DS4 only worked in Linux via cabled method, to do so wirelessly would require a working BT adapter. Assuming the rumours are true about that Broadcom chip, you'll end up buying an apparently great Windows BT controller and mediocre linux (well if your distro is a bit behind)

The controller only uses the HID protocol, so its pretty compatible, of course the dongle must also be compatible. But there are no current DS4 tools for linux nor have I heard of anybody with plans to make one.

I seem to be having a problem when using multiple controllers with this software. Everything works great with one DS4 (no problems at all). I'm also able to connect and use a second controller. However, after a bit of gaming, the second controller starts to get a huge amount of latency and then disconnects. When this is happening the memory and cpu usage by DS4tool also spikes way higher than normal. The problem probably isn't the controllers, as the disconnect happens to whatever controller is connected last. Does this sound like something that could be caused by the Bluetooth dongle? I have this 3-4 year old Belkin model.
(09-18-2014, 04:08 PM)jhebbel Wrote: The controller only uses the HID protocol, so its pretty compatible, of course the dongle must also be compatible. But there are no current DS4 tools for linux nor have I heard of anybody with plans to make one.

Just found this elsewhere.
Quote:Install "sixad daemon"

https://github.com/rdepena/node-dualshoc...-Debian%29

People have reported this fix that works for Bluetooth works on both the DS3 and DS4... may require remapping in Steam

There's also reports that the DS4 via USB wired works perfectly too... may require remapping in Steam