PCSX2 1.0 released!
Question, I am currently using 0.9.8, and have several saved settings. Is it possible to move on to this and also transfer all those settings and stuff to it as well? Mainly its controls related, but can other stuff be transferred as well?

Sponsored links

just copy folders like "inis" which are your settings into the new folder

also export your current controller settings in the pad configurations to be extra sure (im not sure if they auto transfer)

"memcards"
"bios"
and whatnot might be useful aswell

- i just copied everything except plugins (because having 120 files in plugins isnt healthy)
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(08-05-2012, 11:23 AM)soratidus999 Wrote: - i just copied everything except plugins (because having 120 files in plugins isnt healthy)

WTH with those files? Wacko
oh i download the svn before i open PCSX2 and just copy everything over the top, reconfigure plugins and good to go!

well maybe 120 was a tad overzealous - 91 to be exact

[Image: dOKtD.png]
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
If you're using the installed versions of 0.9.8 and 1.0.0 (at least on Windows) I know where ever it stores the settings is kept over. (Though installing 1.0.0 corrupted all my savestates, so if doing that, MAKE SURE TO HAVE STUFF SAVED ON MEMCARD FIRST.)
Installing it won't corrupt the save states,they are just not compatible with it.
That's why it's best to save to the memory card too not just relying on save states.

If you start pcsx2 0.9.8 again,those save states will work
Yeah, no. I said corrupted for a reason. I knew savestates between the two wouldn't be compatible, but trying to load them in 0.9.8 gives an error. "Unexpected end of file or stream encountered. File is probably truncated or corrupted." Same for apparently all of them, yes, even ones that I didn't accidentally try loading in 1.0.0.

And no, they weren't saved in 1.0.0 then loaded in 0.9.8. Saved in 0.9.8, load attempt in 0.9.8, gives above error.
Just registered/logged in to congratulate those who were working on PCSX2 to make it reach the 1.0 mark.
As a former PCSX2 tester/plugin dev, I would never have thought that shadow's and linuzapp's buggy piece of < insert word here Evil > that was running ingame SF EX3 at 2-3 FPS 8-9 years ago would reach such maturity.
This news really made my day. Heartfelt congratulations!! Laugh
(08-05-2012, 09:42 PM)Sandman366 Wrote: Yeah, no. I said corrupted for a reason. I knew savestates between the two wouldn't be compatible, but trying to load them in 0.9.8 gives an error. "Unexpected end of file or stream encountered. File is probably truncated or corrupted." Same for apparently all of them, yes, even ones that I didn't accidentally try loading in 1.0.0.

And no, they weren't saved in 1.0.0 then loaded in 0.9.8. Saved in 0.9.8, load attempt in 0.9.8, gives above error.

There is no way 1.0 'corrupt' your states since it never touches them (attempting to load them would never write anything on them). You are doing something wrong, I suggest you make a new thread about your problem
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well I'm fairly sure the only change that could react to it was installing 1.0.0...but it's okay anyway. I'm not sure how much of FFX or KH2 I lost, but I don't think it's too much of either that's really worth getting the states fixed. (And those were the 2 main things anyway. Are more, but nothing serious.)