PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Updated.

I'd like to point out FFX-2's NTSC-U current widescreen patch by Nemesis still seems to have some render errors, albeit it was still a lot better than the old one.
I'm not sure if it can be fixed, but I think it can.

It's noticeable in this area when you walk down it (just keep going forward) and you'll see that the lampposts and waterfalls disappear when they're on the edge of the screen.

[attachment=42662]

I attached a save file.

Sponsored links

Requesting Dynasty Warriors 6 (U) (SLUS_217.74). Tried using wide screen helper or stealing some from DW5 or DW4 but phailed miserably Tongue Playing this these days and everything looks so fat XD

Thanks people keep em up Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-23-2013, 08:52 PM)Bositman Wrote: Requesting Dynasty Warriors 6 (U) (SLUS_217.74). Tried using wide screen helper or stealing some from DW5 or DW4 but phailed miserably Tongue Playing this these days and everything looks so fat XD

Thanks people keep em up Smile

shin sangokumusou 5 (K) (SLKA_350.05) and Dynasty Warriors 6 (U) (SLUS_217.74) are same game. And ELF files are almost same.
try this one.

Attached Files
.pnach   047571F1.pnach (Size: 253 bytes / Downloads: 462)
Worked! Thanks Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Did lots of testing for Clock Tower 3 using Fraps screenshot key with different values, and I think I found the perfect value as close to 16:9 as I could get.

[never mind, fixed]

There's still a small black box in the top-left caused by the panic bar, and it could also use an FMV fix.
Maybe in the future, Nemesis could take a look at the game and find a way to align the panic bar more to the left by finding the x-axis, or make an FMV fix. Otherwise, the game looks great.
Any chance of a Gauntlet: Dark Legacy patch?
@devina40:

Suggestion: Try 3F1F8888, and add yourself to credits (for correctness):
comment=Clock Tower 3 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U) // hyakki & devina40

The WIP link for "Drakan - The Ancient's Gate - PAL" is wrong.
This should be the destination:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid284484

"Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness" is not in your list of "Games with in-game 16:9".
I can't confirm this, but:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid280186

Is you wish, look into the attachment.
Why 3F1F8888 instead of 3F1F9999? How'd you get that that value?
I just did a lot of tinkering and trial-and-error.
The Romancing SaGa patch (239CF68A.pnach) is only a partial patch. It does not work during battles, as the address is used for something else while in battle (I have no idea what). I had tried patching it a while ago and got stuck on the same part.

I feel like a comment should be added to the patch that notifies users of that, something along the lines of "Does not correct aspect ratio during battles" or whatever else you fancy.
(02-25-2013, 02:42 PM)devina40 Wrote: Why 3F1F8888 instead of 3F1F9999? How'd you get that that value?
I just did a lot of tinkering and trial-and-error.

A wild guess (I don't have this game).
3F1F9999 is still sligtly to wide (judging by your screendumps).
3F1F8888 & 3F1FAAAA "sounds" worth testing, don't ya think?