PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
I get a fine stable 60fps with a gtx 570 at 3x internal. speedhacks off.
i5-3570k @4.7 GHz
GTX 570
Asus Z77 SABERTOOTH
12GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1666
Cooler Master Storm Scout & Corsair TX 650w

Sponsored links

(07-05-2013, 12:45 AM)Xendran2 Wrote: I get a fine stable 60fps with a gtx 570 at 3x internal. speedhacks off.
With speedhacks you'd get less than what you get without them actually. You'd need overclocking to get real/constant 60fps (in practice not on PCSX2's counter).
(07-05-2013, 12:35 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Overclocking PS2's EE would result in stable 60fps though.

Overclocking the EE cycle to 3 definitely helps a lot, much closer to 60fps, but still not perfect though. The effect is definitely great though. Makes me wish all games these days had native widescreen, 60fps and at least 1080p. I just wish it wasn't so variable. I have a GeForce 430, not the greatest card, and other people will have different experiences.

I can always include progressive scan (always enabled by default since there is nothing to lose), as well as 60fps hacks in the widescreen archive (for convenience), but I don't want to enable the 60fps hacks by default because it'll vary for people. Unless you want to begin *another* archive for progressive scan/60 fps where it's enabled by default. Depends on what you want.
(07-05-2013, 03:47 AM)devina40 Wrote: Overclocking the EE cycle to 3 definitely helps a lot, much closer to 60fps, but still not perfect though.

How are you overclocking the EE? PCSX2 only has the option to underclock it.
i5-3570k @4.7 GHz
GTX 570
Asus Z77 SABERTOOTH
(07-05-2013, 03:55 AM)Xendran2 Wrote: How are you overclocking the EE? PCSX2 only has the option to underclock it.

My bad, "reduce the EE's cyclerate by about 50". I'm used to the "move the slider right to overclock" mentality due to programs like MSI Afterburner.

Anyway, what do you want to do with the 60fps hacks? Put it in the widescreen archive and disable it by default, or make another archive where it's enabled by default?
I have no idea really, i don't think im going to be hacking them for that many games, my ps2 collection is nowhere near as big as it used to be.
Also, reducing the cycle rate will only inrease your VPS to 60. It's actually likely to LOWER the true fps because it's underclocking the cpu.

EDIT: For anybody who wants to know how i did recom: The menus in that game run at 60fps. I just searched for value 0 in menu, value 1 outside, repeat and whittle results down with some [!] and [==] in emuhaste, as well as keeping results limited to the correct number that you're looking for.
i5-3570k @4.7 GHz
GTX 570
Asus Z77 SABERTOOTH
(07-05-2013, 04:18 AM)Xendran2 Wrote: Also, reducing the cycle rate will only inrease your VPS to 60. It's actually likely to LOWER the true fps because it's underclocking the cpu.
What I said above but possibly it wasn't really clear. You are technicaly lower the overhead the CPU might have so some games will perform worse on real fps even though the game is programmed to frameskip what it can;t keep up with fps so you won't notice it most of the times.
Updated archive.

Nemesis made some Dead or Alive 2 patches, and a Project Zero 2 patch with an FMV fix.
Pgert should note that I replaced it for now.
PAL\Europe:

PZ1:
Rendering\Clarity fixes.
Still needs Rendering & Scissoring fixes, but sure looks better now.

PZ2:
Added the FMV-hacks by nemesis2000 (thanks for that Smile).
There is a bug though, causing the Cinematics to be undisplayed when subtitles are displayed,
and causing the X-axis placement of the FMV to adjust only after a half of a second (or so).
Fortunately, I was able to fix this with the 21FFFC4C patch Smile.
Also added a rendering fix for non-FMV Cinematics, and improved the Zoom-patch.

PZ3:
Added some info on TC Offset settings, and improved the Zoom-hack.

TombRaider Legend & Anniversary:
Moved the Calcutta-cinematic Subtitles for 16:9 too (better),
made the Cinematics Blackbars smaller for 16:9 too (better),
and improved the Zoom-hacks (doesn't affect the binoculars any more).

Plus various minor changes.

Edit: The PZ2 FMV-hacks are not OK - display is lost under combat.
Attachment updated.

Edit2:
About PZ2 FMV:
Without 21FFFC4C the FMV-Cinematics becomes undisplayed when subtitles are displayed,
and the X-axis placement of the FMV adjusts only after a half of a second (or so).
However, it also wracks up the camera; it can't take shots.
I can't support these hacks (for now).

Edit3:
Passive comments in the pnachs needed some modification.
Attachment updated.

@devina40:
Thanks for the info, and please update.
(07-06-2013, 12:54 PM)pgert Wrote: PAL\Europe:

PZ1:
Rendering\Clarity fixes.
Still needs Rendering & Scissoring fixes, but sure looks better now.
PZ2:
Also added a rendering fix for non-FMV Cinematics
didn't notice any place where the games needs render fix
need a screenshots

(07-06-2013, 12:54 PM)pgert Wrote: PZ2:
There is a bug though, causing the Cinematics to be undisplayed when subtitles are displayed,
this bug exists even if no cheats is applied

(07-06-2013, 12:54 PM)pgert Wrote: and causing the X-axis placement of the FMV to adjust only after a half of a second (or so).
strange, because I on my pc, I don't see this bug

(07-06-2013, 12:54 PM)pgert Wrote: Edit: The PZ2 FMV-hacks are not OK - display is lost under combat.

Edit2:
About PZ2 FMV:
However, it also wracks up the camera; it can't take shots.
I can't support these hacks (for now).
Also very strange, because on my pc camera works perfect and in a battles all is fine