PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(07-08-2013, 12:00 PM)Griffith Tightly Wrote: Hoping someone can help me with a request. I'd like a widescreen patch for Kingdom Hearts NTSC-J (SLPS_25105) with the CRC DB557147. I tried changing the CRC of the NTSC-U pnach to the CRC of the NTSC-J version, with no success.

I used the PCSX2-WideScreen tool by Hyakki, and it seems to enable widescreen instantly (at least for the 3D world) when I begin scanning the 3xxx range with the settings shown here: http://i.imgur.com/9BPYbQp.png?1. It seems the value it's changing to achieve this is dynamic, so it can't be used in a pnach file or some such, as it tells me with this: "300ABB6C - 3F2AAAAB // 3F4CCCCD (Dynamic addr unusable w/pnach)"

Can anyone help me out with this? I'd really like to play the Japanese version in all its wide-screened glory.

I made a porting guide (link to the first post).

I can't find a version that isn't the Final Mix version, so can you you rip the .elf file from the .iso, put it in a .rar and upload it here (or to a file-hosting site) and tell me the CRC?

Sponsored links

(07-08-2013, 12:14 PM)devina40 Wrote: I made a porting guide (link to the first post).

I can't find a version that isn't the Final Mix version, so can you you rip the .elf file from the .iso, put it in a .rar and upload it here (or to a file-hosting site) and tell me the CRC?

Hi, I tried to follow your guide, but I'm bad and didn't really get it. Here is the elf file of the NTSC-J version, which has the CRC DB557147.

I thank you for your help, good sir.

EDIT: removed attachment
(07-08-2013, 09:43 AM)devina40 Wrote: Updated archive.

Didn't realize Sonic Heroes needed a widescreen patch, Nemesis. The site I looked at before (HDgames.net) says it already supports 16:9, so either you made a patch that didn't made to be made, or HDgames.net is incorrect.
info on HDgames not always correct, you can easily check it by checking how many games labeled with 1080i support

(07-08-2013, 10:24 AM)pgert Wrote: please clarify what the 00340DDC patch does - why it's needed.
it's initial aspect value, and it changes when you switch tv mode
New PZ2 pnach, with working FMV-hacks.

PZ2 still has a problem with the FMV-cinematics in 60Hz mode,
however that is not caused by the hacks of nemesis2000, or by this pnach in general.

nemesis2000: Nice work Smile.
(07-08-2013, 12:50 PM)Griffith Tightly Wrote: Hi, I tried to follow your guide, but I'm bad and didn't really get it. Here is the elf file of the NTSC-J version, which has the CRC DB557147.

I thank you for your help, good sir.

I ported the basic widescreen code, but had a little difficulty with porting the FMV and black bar fix.
Still, just tell me if this works for now. If it does, then I can put it in the archive.
(07-08-2013, 08:14 PM)devina40 Wrote: I ported the basic widescreen code, but had a little difficulty with porting the FMV and black bar fix.
Still, just tell me if this works for now. If it does, then I can put it in the archive.

Wowee, it works a charm, def. add it to the archive. When you say had difficulty with the FMV/black bar fixes, do you mean to say it's not portable, or it'd just take a little more time to figure out?

Thanks for helping!
(07-09-2013, 06:56 AM)Griffith Tightly Wrote: Wowee, it works a charm, def. add it to the archive. When you say had difficulty with the FMV/black bar fixes, do you mean to say it's not portable, or it'd just take a little more time to figure out?

Thanks for helping!

I tried a little harder this time. I think I got it, not entirely sure though so it needs testing.

The black border fix is supposed to remove the black borders on cutscenes. The FMV fix also removes the borders and stretches the FMV so it's a perfect crop.

http://ps2wide.net/k.html
(07-09-2013, 08:26 AM)devina40 Wrote: I tried a little harder this time. I think I got it, not entirely sure though so it needs testing.

The black border fix is supposed to remove the black borders on cutscenes. The FMV fix also removes the borders and stretches the FMV so it's a perfect crop.

http://ps2wide.net/k.html

Just tested it, and yep, you have the whole lot working! Thanks a bunch for doing this *brofist*.
No problem~

You should probably delete the "SLPS_251.zip" file you uploaded as an attachment to the forum now that you got the patch.
just a quick question, i've copy pasted this from the emu console, does it means the hack is working?

Found Cheats file: '9DC6EE5A.pnach'
comment: Dawn of Mana UNDUB SLUS-21574 - Widescreen Hack (16:9) (NTSC-U) (pavachan)
Loaded 1 Cheats from '9DC6EE5A.pnach'
Overall 1 Cheats loaded
Overall 0 Widescreen hacks loaded
microVU1: Program cache limit reached.

also for it to work, should i keep resolution, native or 5x native should still work?