PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
(10-06-2016, 06:36 PM)dcx6723 Wrote: The widescreen hack of Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 1 for NTSC release is a .txt file in the archive. Fix please?

It's an iso patch, not a PSCX2 pnach file.

Sponsored links

(10-06-2016, 01:06 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: Xenosaga 1, Suikoden 3 and Suikoden 4, have 4:3 options for the FMVs but they completely destroy them on consoles because the black bars are not there or they don't cover the area they are supposed to.................That probably doesn't apply to you but, its too much extra work, maybe you should make a suggestion for the emulator to shrink the screen when FMV files are played instead.
Hello psalmsamuel

I'll give a try on the emulator soon, but the main reason to check the possibility to add black bars in the 4:3 FMVs and/or other pre-rendered screens, is exactly to play the games on the real console without stretching.
(10-06-2016, 01:06 AM)psalmsamuel Wrote: Xenosaga 1, Suikoden 3 and Suikoden 4, have 4:3 options for the FMVs but they completely destroy them on consoles because the black bars are not there or they don't cover the area they are supposed to.................That probably doesn't apply to you but, its too much extra work, maybe you should make a suggestion for the emulator to shrink the screen when FMV files are played instead.
I added an option to do just that a few months ago. It's found in Config > Emulation Settings > GS Window(Switch to 4:3...) when using recent git builds.
(10-06-2016, 07:33 PM)destinydoom Wrote: Hello psalmsamuel

I'll give a try on the emulator soon, but the main reason to check the possibility to add black bars in  the 4:3 FMVs and/or other pre-rendered screens, is exactly to play the games on the real console without stretching.

All the patches I tried so far work on the console (Fat with HDD, OPL Build 896_All), I'm updating a compatibility list somewhere in a few days.  Some patches have multiple versions that don't work in the PS2 Console, and only two I came across were fixed to work on a PS2 Console by removing one line I think those were Twisted Metal Black and Michigan Report From Hell, the other I just removed the version that didn't work on the PS2..................SMT Nocturne doesn't have the Shadow Problem on the PS2 from what I can observe, so the original patch in the archive should be used instead anyway, of the ones I went through here are some, along with several controller remapper patches (most annoying is move analog forward and camera looks down, instead of looking up ... ... ... controller remapper doesn't work with a few games, like just about all the Gundam Games and Devil May Cry 3, which unfortunately needs an left to right invert fix).

Attached Files
.rar   Widescreen PS2 Console.rar (Size: 9,32 KB / Downloads: 162)
NTSC-U

Mary-Kate & Ashley - Sweet 16 - Licensed to Drive

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pnach   A8CE7DF2.pnach (Size: 400 bytes / Downloads: 234)
PAL

Mashed - Drive to Survive

.pnach   E8F2F813.pnach (Size: 209 bytes / Downloads: 252)
NTSC-U

Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge

PAL

Maxxed Out Racing (ELF hack)

.zip   Upload_161018.zip (Size: 1,19 KB / Downloads: 97)
(10-17-2016, 11:50 AM)arapapa Wrote: PAL

Mashed - Drive to Survive

Could you please make two screenshots from the same camera perspective? It seems the camera is higher on the 4:3 image (I'm guessing it's going down till it's over the car), so it makes it harder to assess if the 16:9 patch works well.
(10-18-2016, 02:13 PM)avih Wrote: Could you please make two screenshots from the same camera perspective? It seems the camera is higher on the 4:3 image (I'm guessing it's going down till it's over the car), so it makes it harder to assess if the 16:9 patch works well.

OK. I see
Arapapa, I thought Malice always had in-game widescreen built in? And last time I checked, I thought it was non-skewed.