Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
hi, I read a bit through the thread and saw laptops not performing well. I got a laptop i7 4500u with a geforce 840m. The single thread of the 4500u is like 1500 and as far as I know thats supposed to be on the low end right? kinda wondering how far I can go with this setup if anyone could help me with this question I'd appreciate it.

Sponsored links

(05-06-2018, 07:03 PM)heyoooo Wrote: hi, I read a bit through the thread and saw laptops not performing well. I got a laptop i7 4500u with a geforce 840m. The single thread of the 4500u is like 1500 and as far as I know thats supposed to be on the low end right? kinda wondering how far I can go with this setup if anyone could help me with this question I'd appreciate it.

Which games do you own ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
hi, I wished to play way of the samurai (2002). I tried emulating it however it was rather slow. I was just not sure if its the settings or the hardware.
the hardware. definitely
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
got it thnx
Hi. I have an Intel® Core™ i3 but the thread only talks about 5 and 7. Does that mean 3 isn't good?
Depends on the i3. PCSX2 still really demands 1 very fast core and can take advantage of others depending on settings (and if those settings break the game). Having more cores always is a bonus since other stuff the OS (or you) are doing in the background wont casue as much of an effect on the performance of the core that PCSX2 is depending on.

Also core i3 tends not to clocked as high or have overclocking as an option aswell. So all of these tend to factor in on the recomendation. The truth is some Pentiums handle PCSX2 ok and an i3 would be a bit better.
Ok. Thanks, TkSilver.

It seems my cpu is okay at least but I learned I think it's my gpu that sucks. It's a Nvidia GTX 650
Your GPU is generally fine for quite a bit of PCSX2. My emulation PC uses a GT 640. If you want to increase internal resolution or do other enhancements then you might have issues, but for all but the edge cases that ae more GPU demanding then the rest you should be fine a native res at the very least and probably a bit higher most of the time.

For PC gaming you are correct that your CPU is fine but your GPU sucks, but emulation uses different things then most PC gaming nowadays does.
I ran pcsx2 quite happily on an i3 3240. It has a stp of about 1800, which is good for a lot of games (though there are some you wont get full frame rates on).

The 650 I'd expect 2x native pretty much all the time easily. My gtx 750 ti, while a solid step up, runs at 4x on a lot of games with no issues.. your 650 probably could do it on quite a few.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case