..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
To all translators: Please PM me so I can set up your account privileges (do include which language you're translating to) . We will be using the Configuration Guide translations forum for GUI translations as well, so you will need to be moderators to make a new thread about your translation (all issues, updates etc will go there for better management).
If I don't reply in more than a week, you can alternatively PM ShadowLady.
Thanks
Behold r4476 for the change after clicking the plus sign in front of affected file. It's a major change(meaning changed, rather than non-meaning changes such as letters to lower or upper case or add a missing a or an etc.) for the description of "!Panel:Gamefixes:Compat Warning", and should be given a new identifier for iconized e.g. "!Panel:Gamefixes:Compat Warning:rev 01" to redo its translation.

Otherwise it will still display old previous translation for "!Panel:Gamefixes:Compat Warning" even though its original English text had been changed.

I recommend a mechanism to detect changes of original English text under iconized identifier which in all POTs except main POT. Or gotta manually check their changes from http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/list as I did for r4476.
The meaning should not have changed, and maybe we still need to modify the text to be clearer.

The text means:
- The fixes on this panel may help or break emulation, and will affect different games differently.
- Most of the fixes which are known to help emulation are applied automatically (selectively, per game, if needed) by default - when "Automatic GameFixes" is checked at the main menu.
- It is therefore NOT recommended to manually apply game fixes via this panel.
- (And it IS recommended to leave "Automatic GameFixes" on).

If anyone can think of a better text for the panel, or of a better arrangement of the GUI controls, please let your opinion be heard.

For example, right now I think we should remove the "Automatic GameFixes" item from the menu, and add it to this panel instead as a checkbox. This way, the user has control of both automatic and manual game fixes side by side, and we can recommend the automatic fixes and discourage the manual fixes.

What do you think?
Oops, I was indicating newly added strings to be translated from changes of r4476, then translators should be informed ready to translate the new strings.

From the changes of r4476 the first sentence doesn't require re-translate. I think they have same meaning when translating.
Code:
- Gamefixes can fix wrong emulation in some games.
+ Gamefixes can work around wrong emulation in some titles.

But the rest of sentences require re-translate, the meaning of each 2 sentences below had been changed or partially changed.
Code:
- However it can cause compatibility or performance issues in other games.
- You will need to turn off fixes manually when changing games.

+ They may also cause compatibility or performance issues though, so they're not recommended.
+ Gamefixes are automatically applied by default, so you do not need to set anything here.

(03-29-2011, 09:38 AM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]For example, right now I think we should remove the "Automatic GameFixes" item from the menu, and add it to this panel instead as a checkbox. This way, the user has control of both automatic and manual game fixes side by side, and we can recommend the automatic fixes and discourage the manual fixes.

What do you think?

I agree with you for moving it to Game Fixes panel.

IMO similar stuff would stay together, as Backup Savestate(Backup before save) had been moved from a panel to menu alongside Load state and Save state.
Important Note:
Because the purpose is to translate the future 0.9.8 Smile I thinks it would be clever to really translate it instead of the trunk Tongue2

Please, could your base your futur work on the 0.9.8 branch.
Code:
svn checkout http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/branches/0.9.8 0.9.8-read-only
I think the trunk should now have pretty much the final strings for 0.98.
gregory:

Where to are we going to upload the 0.9.8 translation files? If I'm not wrong, My current translation is in a newer version than 0.9.8. By "newer" I mean that it might have strings not available in 0.9.8 - it's a blind guess.
Do not worry, branch and trunk are nearly similar for the moment. Maybe 1 or 2 strings differents not more. Strings difference are not an issue.

Anyway I think I will upload directly to 0.9.8 and sync to everything. I could upload to the trunk to a merge but in the end I need to sync with 0.9.8 so result will be the same
(03-31-2011, 12:15 AM)josephg Wrote: [ -> ]gregory:

Where to are we going to upload the 0.9.8 translation files? If I'm not wrong, My current translation is in a newer version than 0.9.8. By "newer" I mean that it might have strings not available in 0.9.8 - it's a blind guess.

You should upload it in your language's translation forum I gave you access to, that was the point of that Tongue
Bositman, is there an easy way to be notified of forum change. I could register to each forum but I'm kind of lazy Tongue2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20