..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
If you mean 0.9.9 translation, you can put it in the forum too. Just create a new thread. However I really does not have time for translation for the moment. By the way, now it is time for features Smile
(05-27-2011, 08:03 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ](...) By the way, now it is time for features Smile

I see. I'll postpone the upload then.

Thanks for the answer.
Hi, I don't like to be just a leecher of others work, soo to add a bit from myself I would like to try about adding Polish translation I started over PCSX2 0.9.8 files from here http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads/list as stated in first post of this topic.

When I was opening the pcsx2_Main.pot in Poedit it actually was described as PCSX2 0.9.7 soo I'm a bit confused, also the pot from the trunk are quite a bit bigger, soo I'm not sure, should I translate the trunk or the ones I downloaded(Language/Translation Templates for 0.9.8.(r4560))?

Guess I'll continue for now what I'm doing with 0.9.8 as 0.9.9 seems to get alot of (nice)changes. Generally isn't available for non english speaking/understanding ppl anyway, soo no point yet, through it would be nice to clear that confusion.

Also to clear my thoughts a bit, as the only thing I translated in the past, was generally ingame text, I understand "%s" are variables for names mainly, "\n" are for new lines, but "&" before words are indicators of key you need to press to run command/button? Would be good to know if there are other special signs used in case some would require more than a common knowledge to guess. Also I understand by looking at some original english texts, translation as long as understandable can be a bit humorous too. Tongue

=======
I have around 5-10% of the translation at max now and it's well a hot summer, soo it can take me from few hours to autumn. Heheh, meaning I don't declare I'm doing it untill I'm done in case anyone else is thinking about doing same.
I suggest that you checkout the svn sources [1] and get the POT files from /locales/templates. The POT files you downloaded are out-of-date - see log of r4710 and r4711 [2].

Related to the special characters, there's no big mistery. You've got the idea: %+letter is a variable and \+letter is a escaped character (ex: \t = tab, \n = new line).

In case you didn't do it, I suggest that you add the sources' path in the catalog configuration. This way you can see the reference of the string to the source code message. This setting is super-dupper useful for translating "iconized.po".

[1] http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/checkout
[2] http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4710 (and r4711)
Thanks, I already translated the pcsx2_Main.pot which will now require lots of copy/paste/corrections. But I guess that will be faster than starting it from zero anyway. And thanks for the tip about "iconized.po" it felt much less work than main file(well looking at their size at least, not sure about how it turns in practice), so I didn't check it out yet.

I think I'll need to correct some things after finishing and testing to check how it look in works anyway. Maybe I'll finish it tomorrow if I get enough boredom like today.
@miseru99
You can always update your .po file with the given template file (.pot) in the menu "Catalog" > "Update from POT file", which reflect in changes like keywords and strings in your translation file.
@josephg thanks for all your help, finished it pretty fast thanks to it. Especially that starting this, it was my first time using poedit, before I only used plain old notepad heh. :3

Here's Polish translation [attachment=28696] just tested it and it seems pretty good without any missing texts and hopefully no typos/grammar errors(checked a few times while correcting alignment.

I'm only unsure to some very well hidden things, which before I guess were as a part of pcsx2_Devel.pot as I'm not soo great in programming slang.

Soo just to clarify for anyone that "collects" those translations, couse I'm not really sure if I should inform anyone after posting it, nor I could promise my pm wouldn't turn bilingual after translating soo much and being tired of it. As I confused myself before and starting with older files, this is translation for 0.9.9 from the trunk which had only pcsx2_Main.pot and pcsx2_Iconized.pot, both are fully translated. I tested it by resetting settings a few times, checking all settings, and running games. Everything seems well as for trying to finish it fast.
@miseru99
Please share .po files, instead of .mo. While .pot is a template and .po is the "source code", the .mo files are binaries. Pcsx2 source code wants the .po file Smile

The standard location to post translations is in the Translated Guide Forum, which in your case should be in http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Polish-Guide. However someone else here should give you permissions to accomplish this task, as it is out of my permissions.
Ah:3 my bad. Complete fail of me, I checked compiled pcsx2 folder instead of source folder to see which files I should add here, my brain seems to lack some mental power after seeing so much of some strange/specialized texts.
So the sources:[attachment=28699]
I want to update the Spanish translation according to the last changes on the English template, but I still need the permissions, please. Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20