..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
> Are there certain combos of symbols that shouldn't be split apart, for example?
no except punctuations (except the left quotation marks & brackets) cannot be the first character in a line, and left quotation marks/brackets cannot be the last character in a line (and of course English words such as "PCSX2" can't be split apart)...
(12-17-2010, 02:13 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh. That's a problem.

This is not a problem, at least for Chinese (Traditional) here. Leave it alone. As my aforementioned these are the work for translators, to add aesthetic \n in place if necessary.

(12-17-2010, 03:29 AM)Whistler Wrote: [ -> ](and of course English words such as "PCSX2" can't be split apart)...

As far as I observed/previewed certain keywords including PCSX2, PS2, BIOS, won't be split apart from other characters followed, if you manually add \n to the end of the line including them.

(12-17-2010, 03:29 AM)Whistler Wrote: [ -> ]> Are there certain combos of symbols that shouldn't be split apart, for example?
no except punctuations (except the left quotation marks & brackets) cannot be the first character in a line, and left quotation marks/brackets cannot be the last character in a line

For punctuation I use full-width characters that are not used in PCSX2 yet and are available for Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Except the continuous triple period that is not a problem here, e.g. Browse... translated into 瀏覽...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full-width

(12-17-2010, 02:13 AM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]though I'm guessing that there are still rules for when a line can be wrapped.

The only rule for when a line is supposed to be wrapped, is manually adding a \n to the end of a sentence or the middle of a sentence, behind which end with a punctuation.
> The only rule [snip] is manually adding a \n to the end of a sentence or the middle of a sentence, behind which end with a punctuation.

That is not a "rule" but someone's preference (and not even appropriate in formal writings, in which line breaks only when a line is full rather than after a sentence/punctuation).

still though, manual \n's are acceptable for me as well.
(12-17-2010, 09:36 AM)Whistler Wrote: [ -> ]That is not a "rule" but someone's preference (and not even appropriate in formal writings, in which line breaks only when a line is full rather than after a sentence/punctuation).

Ah, you are right, that is what we called "paragraph" in formal writings in an article. But IMO I don't think making paragraph is suitable for pcsx2 in its settings panel, dialog, or tooltips(despite generally the tooltip is longer than usual).

Yeah it's my preferenceTongue I consider \n a rule and reasonable, 'cause in Chinese language the meaning of words or sentences is self-explained as it writes, i.e. inverted word order or sentence is rarely used, which differs from English.
(12-14-2010, 03:54 PM)Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]'ll do Russian translation.

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/de...%20Summary

It's done already.

Quote:I'll be doing a major POT revision shortly.

I hope you get rid of old unused strings from old console settings dialog? I even didn't bother to translate them since they will be removed (most likely).
I'm translating to Brazilian portuguese. When I have something good, I'll make it available. Smile
Cheers.
Notice! I've updated new POT files onto our googlecode repository and downloads pages.

I'd go into more detail here but I'm crunched for time. I did update the wiki briefly to explain the changes, which are primarily meant to be as a convenience factor to translators (though initially it means more work for those of you who already helped provide initial translations -- my apologies).

I'll start working on establishing actual public language packs based on your excellently provided translations as soon as I can -- and of course the 0.9.8 release (when it happens!) will feature them. Smile

Thanks again everyone!
I downloaded the zip file,but it seems that it couldn't be extracted.
(12-26-2010, 09:45 PM)Game Wrote: [ -> ]I downloaded the zip file,but it seems that it couldn't be extracted.

Works fine here, maybe an old winrar version or no 7-zip?
3.8 version.Files are blue.It says operation failed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20