..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Calling all Translators! PCSX2 GUI is ready for translation!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Sorry for my bad english. We decided to not modify any string in order to release the new version in a couple of week (months).

By the way. I will not modify, the full string because if I got by error the chinese translation I will have an heart attack Smile. So I thinks I will keep system default string but add in parenthesis the translation. " System default _(*default*)"
I'm afraid someone who is unfamiliar with English might be confused on What does System Default mean in their First Language. That's why I proposed making System Default translatable from changing L" System Default" to _(" System Default") in source code. Hopefully nothing to worry about it if System Default won't be translatable.

(04-28-2011, 11:41 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]By the way. I will not modify, the full string because if I got by error the chinese translation I will have an heart attack Smile. So I thinks I will keep system default string but add in parenthesis the translation. " System default _(*default*)"
Sorry for my previous post is misleading. I was not intending to let you modify anything into Traditional Chinese, it's merely an evidence to show System Default is translatable.
" System default _(*default*)" sounds like a good solution for /trunk right now Smile
Hi
I would like to do the the Italian GUI translation, since IL CARTOLAiO will do the translation of the official guide (I've already contacted him).
It is almost done, tomorrow I will do another check and post it here.
It's all right if I became the official translator (GUI only)?
Sure, I've already set up your account to have the proper permissions
Created the thread for the Italian translation (it_IT).
Now you can download the files here.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Translati...lian-it-IT
at trunk 4618

It seems that mo files are only partially loaded during First-Time Wizard under Linux.
So that English is showing somewhere while non-English(The translation) is showing otherwhere.
[Image: mo_files_partially_loaded.png]
Thanks. I got same issue with the release. The root cause is xgettext is a dumb tools !
Po/mo files will need to be realigned on trunk. I do not think I will do it for the moment.
1/ I want to do others stuff -> gsopen2 on linux and a proper way to translate language selection
2/ trunk will probably change a lots and so translation will be lost anyway.
Hi, I'm McCunyao, the guy who did the Spanish GUI translation via the Google Code page. Can I haz tha permissions?
I'm just a little confused now. Now that pt_BR translation issue is closed and the latest 0.9.8 translation is posted in the forum, what is the correct procedure to upload translations now?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20