..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Quote:That being said Linuz iso cdvd plugin has been dropped ? I don't see it in plugin section, only plugin who launch Valkyrie profile 2 Undub, too bad.

PPA version hasn't had Linuz plugin for years. Not sure why, but if you want it that bad, you will have to compile yourself, which can sometimes be a chore.
What you can do is make an iso of the game the run the null CDVD plugin with the option to use the iso. It does take up a few GB of space but it makes scene changes much easier due to less load time from physical media.
(06-27-2015, 04:43 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]PPA version hasn't had Linuz plugin for years. Not sure why, but if you want it that bad, you will have to compile yourself, which can sometimes be a chore.
What you can do is make an iso of the game the run the null CDVD plugin with the option to use the iso. It does take up a few GB of space but it makes scene changes much easier due to less load time from physical media.

I have already a ISO, but PCSX2 iso system take it for an Dual layer and freeze. Known bug but Undub are unsupported anyway. Only Linuz CDVD iso could read it.

It's not a big deal.

Thanks for answer Smile
(06-27-2015, 05:38 AM)AzazelDC Wrote: [ -> ]I have already a ISO, but PCSX2 iso system take it for an Dual layer and freeze. Known bug but Undub are unsupported anyway. Only Linuz CDVD iso could read it.

It's not a big deal.

Thanks for answer Smile

It should be searching for the layer and appear frozen. If you leave it for a couple of minutes (until it scans the whole ISO) it should boot
(06-27-2015, 09:41 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It should be searching for the layer and appear frozen. If you leave it for a couple of minutes (until it scans the whole ISO) it should boot

Ohhhhh !! Indeed. 3 minutes for launch, time to prepare a coffee Smile

Thank you Bositman.
Sid got the package since a few days.
https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pcsx2.html
Yes. However it is an old version. And it will be even older once my dev branch will be merged. GSdx will be top notch on linux, miles ahead of the Dx renderer of Windows Wink

The various CDVD plugins are in poor state, that why I don't include them in the official release.
Gregory's secret goal: Promote Linux over Windows using PCSX2 as a medium.

Tongue2
That a shame I made the GL renderer compatible on windows Tongue2
Linux deserves the good attention. It is time to take the thunder away from M $ and DX. Product keys are for suckers. Tongue
Hello Gregory ! Smile

I use your PPA for PCSX2 and i see few strange things on linux version of PCSX2.

First with SPU2X:

If i load a game in PCSX2 ==> perfect Sound effect and music
If i load a game after to have load another game before ==> No sound effect or few sound effect missing but music always present. Ex: Tales of the abyss: no headache sound effect, rogue galaxy no sound effect etc...

GSDX openGL:

Certain options works only after relaunch PCSX2 or works bad otherwise. shade boost doesn't works. Texture 8 bits remove filtering texture totally even if forced in option.

Voila. Works good otherwise Smile Good job.

My spec:

Xubuntu 15.04 Kernel 4.0.5
Intel pentium G3258 4,7 Ghz Haswell refresh
4 go DDR3 1600
Geforce GTX 750ti 1go with proprietary driver.

sorry for my english, i'm french Tongue2
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36