..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(09-12-2015, 01:57 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: [ -> ]Go into the sound plugin settings. Change portaudio to sdl. Much better quality.

I thought I already tried it, but now that I changed the settings it works much better. Thank you so much for the quick help! Will try it with some other games over the next few days, I'm excited to see how it goes Smile
I have a problem with screen tearing in full screen in Ubuntu. Even if I enable "Wait for V-sync on refresh" on PCSX2 it does not make any difference. Neither hardware or software OpenGL mode. Though the latter makes the image more blurry. This also happens on Adobe Flash videos in Firefox, while HTML5 videos run fine. Media players with VDPAU have no tearing issue in full screen.
Windowed mode runs fine in all applications without tearing.

I run Ubuntu 15.04 64bit with 352 Nvidia drivers and have the PPA PCSX2 version (early August). Compiz is enabled. Options sync to vblank are checked. In Nvidia settings  in OpenGL I also have the sync to vblanc, conformant texture clamping and allow clipping options ticked on. Also triple buffer is enabled in xorg.conf and the appropiate resolution (1920x1080) and refresh rate (60hz) as well.

Is this a general issue in Ubuntu OS or do I miss something? Have other users any issue with full screen tearing?
I had a similar problem with the latest nvidia drivers. i'm using an older version now. Version 346 from the repos. Works much better.
Thanks
I'll try that version too.
Hey guys,

Has anyone recently installed this on Debian Testing 64 bit? I've not had any joy installing it since I've moved from 32 bit ubuntu to 64 bit debian testing.

The guides linked here haven't been updated since 2013.

Is there a more up to date one at all?
Yes, you can use it on Debian x64 without any trouble, but you have to look for all the dependencies and enable multiarch arquitecture Smile
(09-16-2015, 04:35 PM)Butz_san Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can use it on Debian x64 without any trouble, but you have to look for all the dependencies and enable multiarch arquitecture Smile

Ah nice.

I'm a bit of a noob and just at no idea how to install it when trying to follow the directions. I've attempted adding the ubuntu PPA but when I do a sudo apt-get install pcsx2 nothing happens Blink

I don't suppose you could help a newbie out in a step by step install?
Would really appreciate it!
PPA won't work for Debian, just Ubuntu based only. First page of this thread shows how to enable i386 architecture. Go to git and type in git clone (insert git url here). Cd to pcsx2 directory and type cmake CMakelist.txt. the terminal output will be filled with errors. It will tell you the missing dependencies. Make sure you use the terminal in the official repositories to install the missing dependencies. And use the dev version of a package If available. it's a little trickier compared to Ubuntu systems.

I almost forgot, you have to install the i386 versions.
Just a FYI:

It's in the official repositories:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/wily/pcsx2
https://packages.debian.org/sid/pcsx2

I requested the Wily version to either be removed or synced with Debian since it's utterly broken. Well the stretch version is broken too but that should be fixed in a few days after the sid version goes to testing.
It's better and easier to compile it in a virtual machine and then just install the needed i386 dependecies to run the emu, I used to do it like that Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36