..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 for Debian/Ubuntu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Hi at all,

I'm  very new to PCSX2 and want to install the emulator on my Linux HTPC.

I found an some years old guid and want to know if it's up to date:

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gregory-hainaut/pcsx2.official.ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install pcsx2-unstable:i386

My system:
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Linux Ubuntu 14.04

right now i have installed: fluxbox, kodi, Dolphin-emu

thanks
Sven_Lee
Yes, it's always good thanks to Gregory. Smile
The +b1 version (1.3.1-1094-gf062b0f+dfsg-1+b1) should be in unstable so it should be fixed there now.
Hello, all. I noticed that the pcsx2-unstable package in the official Ubuntu PPA hasn't been updated for over a month. May I request a fresh build, please? Sorry to make my first post a request.
I updated to the beta of 15.10 x64 and used the ppa to install the latest versions, but it seems there are some issues.
First I had to install the i386 versions of unity-gtk2-module, overlay-scrollbar-gtk2 and gtk2-engines-murrine or else I'd get a "failed to load module overlay scrollbar" message

But now I get another message: "GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
(segmentation fault)"

Both the OS and pcsx2 are still in beta, so such issues are to be expected.
@petran79

The 1st issue is expected if you are using a i386 package on a amd64 system. You need to install all the i386 dependencies of the gtk theme you are using. In my case my theme depends on gtk2-engines:i386 gtk2-engines-murrine:i386 gtk2-engines-pixbuf:i386. If I change my theme I would need a different set of packages. This goes for all packages and not just PCSX2 but there are not many i386 only packags since only skype comes to mind.

The segfault is fixed by a commit I did on Sep-12 and the package in the PPA is from Aug-10 so it just need a newer version or rolling back to vivid. The package in the official ubuntu repository is also broken and I filed a bug report already.
So I was in the mood to upload a new version of the PPA. The biggest change is SDL2 with rumble support.
Yay, rumble! Thanks, Gregory! Gonna be trying this on my shiny new rig soon.
I set up a new VM with Ubuntu 14.94.3 (x86) and tried to follow the compilation guide for linux mentioned in the first post to compile the latest git release. It seems not all dependencies are listed there (png++ and sdl2 seem to be missing if I did nothing wrong)

Still build.sh fails with:
Code:
Building pcsx2 with -DCMAKE_BUILD_PO=FALSE
-- Cross compilation is disabled.
-- Compiling a i386 build on a i686 host.
-- BuildType set to Devel by default
-- AIO found
-- PORTAUDIO found
-- SOUNDTOUCH found
-- PNGPP found
-- SDL2 found
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
SDL2_INCLUDE
   used as include directory in [*snip many directories*]
SOUNDTOUCH_INCLUDE
   used as include directory in [*snip many directories*]

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/media/sf_VM_Shared_Folder/pcsx2/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/media/sf_VM_Shared_Folder/pcsx2/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 1

Obviously SDL2_INCLUDE and SOUNDTOUCH_INCLUDE are not set.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Btw. some part of the program already compiles (as some common libs and translation files).
Yes I need to update the info (check the PCSX2 wiki)

Check the installation of those package
ii libsdl2-dev 2.0.2+dfsg1-6 i386 Simple DirectMedia Layer development files
ii libsoundtouch-dev 1.8.0-1 i386 Development files for the sound stretching library

And rebuild with ./build.sh --clean --dev (or --release)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36