..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: EE overclock slider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(11-09-2015, 09:12 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]willkuer: I agree with you, and propose we split the current speedhack panel up into 2 new sections.
One will be for the traditional speedhacks; those that make the program run faster on weak pcs.
The new section will be for "enhancement hacks"; things like the CDVD speed hack and the new EE overclock will go there.

What do you guys think?

I like this idea. Maybe we should add it as a poll option?
if you do move it, it should still be marked as a hack
(11-09-2015, 09:45 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]I like this idea. Maybe we should add it as a poll option?

I suggest that the developers should listen to the reasons instead of looking at the numbers. Using polls to make decisions seems weird.
So if we split it, and then we get people on the forum that the "make it go faster" side actually slows things down - what do we say?

"Well those can actually cause slowdown too."

It seems quite illogical to me to split them to be honest.
(11-09-2015, 10:13 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]So if we split it, and then we get people on the forum that the "make it go faster" side actually slows things down - what do we say?

It's the same behavior, isn't it? By the way, I don't agree with splitting because in that case you need to handle how a setting overrides another. It's on that page or another page, but there should be only one slider.
(11-09-2015, 10:27 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, I don't agree with splitting because in that case you need to handle how a setting overrides another. It's on that page or another page, but there should be only one slider.

That's a good point too. It should be possible to dynamically deactivate. I.E. when you touch one it deactivates the other.

But both the overclock and underclock are clock control and they should be on the same slider IMO. If we are really considering this I think we should obtain a WIDE range of opinions, not just the few who stop to check the dev area.
Quote:It seems quite illogical to me to split them to be honest.

same here, it'd probably just confuse the users more and make it hard to interact with the GUI.
I agree with NOT inverting it. Everyone who has been using PCSX2 over the past time will get confused by it. N00bs will always think slider to the right -> moar speed, total noobs will always put all sliders to right. Yes I agree people should read about the options they mess with and then modify them, but years of experiences says most people are visual types and never read anything before jumping to 'maxing out' the options.

Moreover it's pretty hard to expect the average user to be able to realize what kind of effect overclocking or underclocking the emulated PS2 processor would have on his game...so they just know that right side = more speed (usually)
Admins and devs count at least double. Bug squad and moderators only half.
Why not just change the name to "EE cycle time"? This will make the slider make sense, and noobs might not misunderstand it, so they won't assume higher = faster.

Other solution is to simply swap the "2" and "-2" without changing how the slider operates, this will help people who already got used to the slider, and noobs might not be sure that right = faster.

Anyway you solve it, someone will get confused :P

(11-09-2015, 10:10 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest that the developers should listen to the reasons instead of looking at the numbers. Using polls to make decisions seems weird.

That what happens, devs look at polls as suggestion only, that if they even looked at it :D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6