..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Native Mac Testing Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-18-2021, 08:31 AM)IJWPKH2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I am on an M1 MacBook Pro. How exactly do I replace the SDL2 dylib? I believe I found the location of the file: PCSX2>Contents>Frameworks>libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib, but where do I get the updated SDL2?

I'm having the same issue here. I found a .dmg of a new version of SDL2 but it doesn't have a dylib in it? I'm not sure what to replace the existing dlyb with?

Also I'm having a weird problem with Xenosaga 1 ever since I upgraded to an M1. Everything works and looks great but all dialogue text is dark/black. Menu text is normal and fine. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing this. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Switching from OpenGL to Software and back to OpenGL seems to fix any issues, which is very weird and I don't understand it but hey, it works.
(02-18-2021, 08:31 AM)IJWPKH2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I am on an M1 MacBook Pro. How exactly do I replace the SDL2 dylib? I believe I found the location of the file: PCSX2>Contents>Frameworks>libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib, but where do I get the updated SDL2?

I got newer libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib from Homebrew. Terminal is needed to be launched with Roseta2 mode when Homebrew is installed.
This PCSX2's architecture is intel, so Homebrew's architecture is needed to be intel.
(02-19-2021, 11:50 AM)otti_ Wrote: [ -> ]I got newer libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib from Homebrew. Terminal is needed to be launched with Roseta2 mode when Homebrew is installed.
This PCSX2's architecture is intel, so Homebrew's architecture is needed to be intel.

I don't want to be difficult but I am very dumb. Can someone post a step by step guide on how to do this? I get the idea but don't really know how to make it happen.

edit: nevermind, figured it out! Installed through terminal but had to delete the sdl2 dylb in the frameworks folder before it would work.
(02-19-2021, 12:14 AM)Zaeven Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok, Thanks for the quick reply, but what I meant was that I can't seem to find any way to add a dev9 plugin on the emulator, there might be one way through the network tab, however, it's greyed locked. Are you guys planning to work on it?
And by the way, is that mean that we can't use windows´ dev9 plugin on this MAC emulator?

1. dev9 is no longer a plugin
2. If it was a plugin, you would not be able to use the windows plugin with the Mac version of the emulator
3. A PR is someone offering an addition to the emulator.  That means the code is not yet included in the emulator.  So dev9 support will not exist on Mac until that PR is merged (included into the emulator).
Hi everyone, I'm having another Xenosaga issue. Xenosaga 1 worked fine. But 2 and 3 keep crashing the emulator entirely. This didn't happen when I was on my old computer but it crashes when starting a new game since I got my M1. The whole emulator just shuts down. I was able to get it sort of running in hardware mode but it's crazy slow and if I switch to software, it shuts down. Anyone know why this might be? I tried reverting to an older version but that crashes on startup. Other games seem to work fine.

EDIT: This is happening in Shadow Hearts as well. It appears to have something to do with being in software mode, which is the only way the games are getting any FPS (good FPS though). For some reason this doesn't happen with every game.
(02-21-2021, 03:26 AM)Shrimpbob Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I'm having another Xenosaga issue. Xenosaga 1 worked fine. But 2 and 3 keep crashing the emulator entirely. This didn't happen when I was on my old computer but it crashes when starting a new game since I got my M1. The whole emulator just shuts down. I was able to get it sort of running in hardware mode but it's crazy slow and if I switch to software, it shuts down. Anyone know why this might be? I tried reverting to an older version but that crashes on startup. Other games seem to work fine.

EDIT: This is happening in Shadow Hearts as well. It appears to have something to do with being in software mode, which is the only way the games are getting any FPS (good FPS though). For some reason this doesn't happen with every game.

This is not a PCSX2 specific issue as it also happens under Play running on my M1 MacBook Pro. PS2 emulation is not yet matured enough to handle a lot of games at decent levels of performance on macOS. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus is an excellent example of this.
(02-21-2021, 08:51 PM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a PCSX2 specific issue as it also happens under Play running on my M1 MacBook Pro. PS2 emulation is not yet matured enough to handle a lot of games at decent levels of performance on macOS. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus is an excellent example of this.

That's fair, obviously this isn't a perfect science. Just weird that it worked on my non-M1, albeit at like 60% to 70% FPS and now it runs but the whole thing crashes. Any ideas of any workarounds or it just is what it is?
(02-19-2021, 11:50 AM)otti_ Wrote: [ -> ]I got newer libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib from Homebrew. Terminal is needed to be launched with Roseta2 mode when Homebrew is installed.

Thanks for this! I was able to get it working. Now I don't need enjoyable open and mapped to the keyboard. Now I just need to figure out how to swap X and O and I can play the KH2 GOA mod!!! TellowKrinkle is a BOSS for figuring this out. I am so grateful for this. It is inspiring so much so that I want to learn a bit of coding in hopes of being helpful one day.

UPDATE: Wow, I was able to figure it out rather quickly. I went about this in the same way we currently need to replace the .dylib SDL2 file. For anyone who would like to know:

1. Download the mapping tool initially linked by TellowKrinkle
2. Download the official SDL2 .dmg RUNTIME library
3. Open the .dmg and you will see files and one folder (SDL2.frameworks)
4. With the gamepad tool, right click and select show package contents. Navigate to the frameworks folder.
5. Replace the SDL2 frameworks folder with the one from the RUNTIME download.
6. Open gamepad tool, and it should now recognize your controller.
7. Follow the steps laid out by TellowKrinkle in his initial post to configure your mapping (again, the initial swapping of the .dylib file in PCSX2 itself should be sufficient. I did what I described above in order to swap X and O).

SPECS: MacBook Pro 13
           Apple M1
           Big Sur 11.2.1
(02-21-2021, 08:51 PM)StLouisCPhT Wrote: [ -> ]This is not a PCSX2 specific issue as it also happens under Play running on my M1 MacBook Pro. PS2 emulation is not yet matured enough to handle a lot of games at decent levels of performance on macOS. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus is an excellent example of this.

Sorry, just following up on this. I'm able to run games like Dragon Quest VIII and was able to run the Xenosagas on my old computer. I just don't get why these two specific games are crashing the program in software mode when other high-intensity games like DQVIII run fine? Is there any fix for it?
(02-26-2021, 07:10 PM)Shrimpbob Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, just following up on this. I'm able to run games like Dragon Quest VIII and was able to run the Xenosagas on my old computer. I just don't get why these two specific games are crashing the program in software mode when other high-intensity games like DQVIII run fine? Is there any fix for it?

Blame the CLOCLIP.
and no, there's no fix ATM Sly series tend to eat your GPU alive, even on windows version.
So, on a macbook.... I let you imagine