Poll: Is EE overclocking a useful feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
91.49%
43 91.49%
No
8.51%
4 8.51%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Overclocking the EE (discussion) (testers wanted)
Raise your Frame Rate to 120 FPS ^

Sponsored links

I'm still not entirely sure what increasing the EE speed will actually do.
Setting the frame rate to 120 just make the game twice as fast(it's not the same way as with the KH2FM patch and setting the fps to 120)
Holy Coconut Tree I'm done building my new PC (was my 1st time building a computer from scratch *blush*) that was scary, and exhausting.
Gimme some time to update/install stuff and I'll join the testing fun.
CPU: i5 4690K stock 3.5/3.9GHz clock (for now)
GPU: GTX 750 Ti Gigabyte OC 2GB Low Profile
RAM: 4Gb RAM dual ch pc12800 cas 8
HDD: 500Gb/32Mb cache
MB: MSI Z97 Pc Mate
FAN: Hyper 212 EVO
Just Tested GOW 2 , in 120 FPS. the Result is both astonishing and ludicrous xD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4R_JwU...sp=sharing

Edit : i should have added more details about the case, the Game although running at 120 FPS Pre-OC it's at 100% speed, after OC Game goes crazy fast.

Edit 2 : Don't preview the video, download it.
(01-31-2015, 09:15 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I guess according to the poll this is a popular feature!

[Image: nIP3H2t.png]

I imagine that's because there are plenty of games that could benefit from it. I know in all the Ratchet and Clank games, if you get enough things on screen at once, they lag on the real console and from what I understand from reading the thread, this would likely make that a non-issue given powerful enough hardware (which I don't currently own).
(02-01-2015, 12:19 AM)Clank Wrote: I imagine that's because there are plenty of games that could benefit from it. I know in all the Ratchet and Clank games, if you get enough things on screen at once, they lag on the real console and from what I understand from reading the thread, this would likely make that a non-issue given powerful enough hardware (which I don't currently own).

I don't think anyone has the hardware to handle Ratchet being slowed down like that.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Would someone run Champions of Norrath or any of the other Snowblind engine games with the OC build and let me know what happens? The bouncing between Field and Frame is a painful eyestrain since Frame causes the game to slow down and makes everything blurry unlike field where the game runs perfectly fine with one notch of both EE and VU Cycle stealing. I am wondering if an overclock might help.
(02-01-2015, 02:48 AM)Topken Wrote: Would someone run Champions of Norrath or any of the other Snowblind engine games with the OC build and let me know what happens? The bouncing between Field and Frame is a painful eyestrain since Frame causes the game to slow down and makes everything blurry unlike field where the game runs perfectly fine with one notch of both EE and VU Cycle stealing. I am wondering if an overclock might help.

Those games are ridiculously demanding. My overclocked G3258, even in hardware mode runs at LESS THAN HALF SPEED most of the time. It's insane, but doesn't surprise me. The lead programmer for that game also made some really impressive games for the sega saturn. Have you seen saturn quake?

Also, I'm doing some testing, but I'm not sure I own any games that slow down much...

edit - oh. baldur's gate runs a lot better once i get outside. How do I set field/frame, or whatever you were talking about?
That is the problem you can't as the game will be constantly switching between the 2 and frame runs slower and is blurry compared to field. All the Snowblind engine games do that aka Champions of Norrath, RTA aka Return to Arms, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 1 and 2. Now if we could force the games to stay in field instead of using frame that would solve part of the problem. As I said you need to put VU and EE cycle speedhacks to one notch to get full speed in field while frame still slows down.
about time someone did this lol