PCSX2 - Widescreen Game Patches
Unfortunately ps2wide.net doesn't have a news\changes\improvements page.
nemesis2000: if you're reading this...

Sponsored links

As I reported and requested the Final Fantasy XII fix, the native 16:9 function is a bit tricky. I guess in order to mentain the same level of resources needed they gave a bit to the sides and stole a bit from the top and bottom, think of it like you get 16:9 but you zoom just a bit to be sure that you won't go over the expected resource needs. It's real 16:9 but not in the same philosophy as adding more information to the sides. Tekken 5 was quite simmilar but in a different approach. Think of it like you Pan Scan the 4:3 image but they repositioned the UI to fit inside the Pan-scanned area, which results in something like a zoom but effectively, you get less information on screen than the 4:3 since it effectively cuts the upper and lower parts.
New patches for:
• Tomb Raider - Legend * SLES-53908 * PAL/Europe * 05177ECE
• Tomb Raider - Anniversary * SLES-54674 * PAL/Europe * A629A376

Enforces the native Widescreen, and if using 16:10 mode, customizes the X-axis hacks.
Also includes Y-axis hack for 16:10 mode.
Unable to apply a "enforce Progressive Scan" feature, though.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid242066

@devina40:
Please include this in your list of problematic games:
-----------------------------------------------------------
comment=Drakan - The Ancients' Gates * SCES-50006 * PAL\Europe * 04F9D87F
// 16:9
// patch=1,EE,206C5E78,extended,00000180 // 00000200 - X-axis
// 16:10
// patch=1,EE,206C5E78,extended,000001AB // 00000200 - X-axis
// Value gets auto-coped into 206C5E98.
// patch=1,EE,206C5E7C,extended,000001CD // 00000200 - Y-axis
// Value gets auto-coped into 206C5E9C.
(02-21-2013, 12:52 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: Shattered Memories is already fixed by nemesis: http://ps2wide.net/pnach/61A7E622.pnach

EDIT: So are Half-Life, God of Wars, Final Fantasy XII, and others. Go to his website to find them.

I know, just needed to make a comprehensive list.
I'll separate the patches by which games have patch fixes.

@towelie:
What do those Tomb Raider patches do exactly?
If all they do is force 16:10, I'd rather not put them in the archive...
You also need to tell me what's problematic about Drakan.
(02-21-2013, 01:35 AM)pgert Wrote: Unfortunately ps2wide.net doesn't have a news\changes\improvements page.
nemesis2000: if you're reading this...
reading, but the content on ps2wide.net is provided “as is”
I'm fine with how it is now, besides, I keep track of updates via my changelog for the archive so no one else has to.

Take all the time you need Nemesis, you've done plenty for us already.
The Tomb Raider patches are primarily for 16:10.
You can include them in your compilation set for 16:9 for extra lazy people
(if you wish), that way they won't have to activate the Widescreen option
in the gamemenu themselves every time they launch it.

"Drakan - The Ancients' Gates" has a big problem: I can't make it work.
Never mind, the info I posted might be enough for someone more skilled.
You're a towel!
@devina40

Maybe it would be a good idea to have two 'status lists' on your patches archive post?

1. Games whose patches work and are included in your archive, but have flaws (e.g. missing render fix):
This is essentially the same as your 'WIP patches' list and gives a good overview which patches are considered finished and which still need some improvement. Ideally all known flaws should be listed here.

2. Games whose patches aren't working properly (e.g. gameplay is hindered by the patch) or which don't have a patch at all, but some helpful information is available (e.g. vertical FOV address is found but nothing else):
If one can't provide a working patch but found useful addresses (wasting quite some time...), a more skilled person can start right there and maybe make a patch pretty quickly. I posted such information a few pages ago and pgert just did the same for Drakan. This would also be the right place for the patches listed in 'Problematic games.txt', unless they are considered working with minor flaws (in which case they would belong to the first list).

--

PS: I know you want to give an all-round carefree package but it's not necessary to include all patches twice (cheats_ws folder), if someone wants all patches in his cheats folder he can simply search your archive for *.pnach and then copy&paste. I think we can expect everyone using PCSX2 to know that Smile
(02-21-2013, 01:28 PM)pgert Wrote: You can include them in your compilation set for 16:9 for extra lazy people
(if you wish), that way they won't have to activate the Widescreen option
in the gamemenu themselves every time they launch it.

Okaaaaaaaay.
It's just that I don't want any patches defaulted to 16:10 in the archive itself.

@No. 47
I just shoved a link to them in the WIP patches section.
It's cheap, but works.

I still want to provide the cheats_ws in the main archive.
It's easier that way for me, and probably for others too, plus it will help spread the word about built-in widescreen.
Now I only have to look after 2 archives instead of 3.

(02-21-2013, 04:35 PM)No.47 Wrote: if someone wants all patches in his cheats folder he can simply search your archive for *.pnach and then copy&paste.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma...ersAreMale

Be careful with that assumption.
My girl gamer friend also uses these widescreen patches.
Be careful when you use "he" instead of "he or she" or "they". :P
(02-21-2013, 05:03 PM)devina40 Wrote: Be careful with that assumption.
My girl gamer friend also uses these widescreen patches.
Be careful when you use "he" instead of "he or she" or "they". Tongue

Hmm? That's like saying exclusive use of the pronouns "her" or "she" should be avoided when discussing makeup because one or two men wear concealer.

And the article you linked to mentions "a study". What was the sample size? How was the term "gamer" defined? Why is the "study" not linked to or backed up in any way?

Whatchu talkin' about, Willis? Huh