September 2015 progress report
No one forced you to do the work you did, so if you feel being used, that's something you have to solve with yourself, not us.
We are all volunteers here but some people have been on this project for a decade, and yes that DOES give them a much stronger say in what happens with the program than any contributor, forum member or other.

Again, how we make releases, what we include in releases and how the program looks is a PCSX2 team decision. You are a contributor (who as said multiple times, is valued), you can say your opinion like everyone else in these forums does, we DO hear it and then we decide. No it's not a democracy, but we always try to make the best of what we got, with what time we have, while juggling a multitude of real life problems. If you think this insults you, or unfair you are free to fork PCSX2 and do whatever you want with it, with no one else telling you what will happen or not. This is NOT your project, or the forum's members project or the internets project, it's the PCSX2's team project and they get to decide for it in the end.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

I would rather think that most dev's would accept Pokopom. You (or KrossX) just need to make a pr. In the pr the addition would be discussed if needed.

pcsx2 is peer-reviewed. That's actually not uncommon if the context is too complicated to be understood by a regular user.
Do you know why you don't see anyone else saying "I won't prepare the thing which I maintain for the release before someone else does an unrelated thing X first"? Because we don't think it's appropriate, so we don't behave that way.

Please don't try to hold the release hostage for unrelated things which you prefer it to include. It's really inappropriate.
@Blyss Sarania:

What else am I supposed to do? Just let my suggestions be ignored and feel like I'm being "used"?
That's also disrespectful and inappropriate.

Same goes for Bositman's "Devina, you're not a team member", which is also an insult. I have always considered myself a team member of PCSX2. I know the community. I'm essentially in charge of the emulator's widescreen patch department and development. I've helped out forum members when they needed it. I've been here for 5 years, since 2011.

Also, I don't know how to use Github or make a pull request myself, so I figured that speaking and suggesting on the forum is easier.

I won't hold the widescreen release "hostage" if you actually value me and my suggestions.
(01-04-2016, 06:21 PM)Devina Wrote: But I'm not the only one who thinks my way. There are others who would prefer a more streamlined, noob-friendly, recognizable approach to the emulator, and want Xinput ready from the get-go.

If you really want the plugin to be included then the best choice would be to create an issue on Git Issue tracker requesting the following change. which would give more user opinions about the inclusion of the plugin.

On the other hand, I'm not sure why you want this artworks and Plugin inclusion to be prioritized over the WS archive update.

Quote:Also, don't give me that "it takes so much work and effort" nonsense. ALL you have to do is add a plugin to the repository, and replace what, a mere 4 .png files on Github?

about the plugin: It's not as simple as simply copy/pasting the plugin to the repository. It needs update to the Build solution to also include the plugins code for compilation and also needs license compatibility with the core and the author's permission including lots of discussion, changes like these shouldn't be done hastily.
(01-04-2016, 06:36 PM)Devina Wrote: @Blyss Sarania:

What else am I supposed to do? Just let my suggestions be ignored and feel like I'm being "used"?
That's also disrespectful and inappropriate.

Same goes for Bositman's "Devina, you're not a team member", which is also an insult. I have always considered myself a team member of PCSX2. I know the community. I'm essentially in charge of the emulator's widescreen patch department and development. I've helped out forum members when they needed it. I've been here for 5 years, since 2011.

Also, I don't know how to use Github or make a pull request myself, so I figured that speaking and suggesting on the forum is easier.

I won't hold the widescreen release "hostage" if you actually value me and my suggestions.

Not all suggestions are accepted and included. That's just how it is. Some of mine have gotten rejected too. That doesn't mean you are being used, that's just how open source works. As for what Bosit originally said - I already said I personally thought it was harsh. I can't speak to it more than that. I'm not him.

If you can't make a PR(which can be a pain TBH) the best thing is open an issue like ssakash said. It's as simple as making a forum post once you've an account.

And I hate to say it but you can't hold it hostage - you GPL'd it back when we had the license issue. It doesn't belong to you or me or Bosit or anyone now. It belongs to the world.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-04-2016, 06:38 PM)ssakash Wrote: If you really want the plugin to be included then the best choice would be to create an issue on Git Issue tracker requesting the following change. which would give more user opinions about the inclusion of the plugin.

On the other hand, I'm not sure why you want this artworks and Plugin inclusion to be prioritized over the WS archive update.

about the plugin: It's not as simple as simply copy/pasting the plugin to the repository. It needs update to the Build solution to also include the plugins code for compilation and also needs license compatibility with the core and the author's permission including lots of discussion, changes like these shouldn't be done hastily.

Again, I don't know how to use Github.

It's also partially a "respect" and "dignity" issue. It's not that I'm trying to "prioritize" art and plugin inclusion over widescreen, it's also that I don't want to be disrespected and have my suggestions ignored, and a premature 1.4.0 releasing without everyone's suggestions.

KrossX has also given us permission to include Pokopom. Here's a post he once sent me:

KrossX Wrote:the source is GPL and all so they're free to fork, copy and do almost whatever they want with it.

they should feel free to use the source.

Latest source is in here:
https://github.com/KrossX/Pokopom/
(01-04-2016, 06:32 PM)willkuer Wrote: I would rather think that most dev's would accept Pokopom. You (or KrossX) just need to make a pr. In the pr the addition would be discussed if needed.

Really? You want to add an input plugin that can't take input from custom and Dinput pads, mouse, or even the keyboard? I though PCSX2 needed to lose needless stuff, not add to it.
Would it be ok for you if I open the issue?
I never used pokopom but at least this could start the discussion in a clean way instead of derailing this thread.
If you want you can later join on github (as it is like a forum) or keep away. As you like.

Can we get some peace here?

(01-04-2016, 06:51 PM)K.F Wrote: Really? You want to add an input plugin that can't take input from custom and Dinput pads, mouse, or even the keyboard?
I am no dev. Yes, I would add it.
But that's also a valid opinion. But again we should discuss this in a better way.
I think it depends on the compile time. Probably it would be windows only.
(01-04-2016, 06:52 PM)willkuer Wrote: Would it be ok for you if I open the issue?
I never used pokopom but at least this could start the discussion in a clean way instead of derailing this thread.
If you want you can later join on github (as it is like a forum) or keep away. As you like.

Can we get some peace here?

Yes please.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD