redlof's Guide to Convert Codetwink Cheats to PNACH Files! for newbs.
Sorry for the double post but I noticed the actual question was not answered.

Once introduced those codes alter the memory, removing the cheat does not restore the original content. If a sstate is made it will be there. Your only hope is going to a save point, saving the game, quit the emulator altogether and reload from that last save. If lucky it's not a change recorded in the save and everything will be fine and you can make a new sstate which works as intended.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Do I need to remove the cheats first before saving? Or will disabling the cheats via //s work? Btw, I loaded a very old save file but it's still giving me the extra exp =\

On a side note, is it possible to modify the code to lower the exp given rather than try to disable it?
Hi, newb here. I recently got Project Altered Beast PAL, CRC=d6df457b. All I can find is codes like "1AD8BCC5 C4F2" which seems like they are all missing some digits.

That code is a transformation code of some kind found here http://xs.gameshark.com/xploder/xploderu...16138&vn=6. I have found some Action Replay, but only 4, and not really sure how to get those converted. I have max convert, CB2crypt, and CBconverter. I've tried all manner of conversions. The codes load, but nothing happens.

Here is an Action replay code i wish that would work.
Infinite Spirit
19PT-9G16-ZHRWZ
D4U5-3BW8-C9NDR
FTU2-FFU1-JXWGN
@Clarence
Yes, what come after the tokens "byte", "short", "word" and (preferably) "extent" is the actual value to be pushed into the address provided by that hex number that precedes them.

The value is in hex, so if you see it is a byte and the value is 00000063 - it mean 99 in decimal base... you could change it to, 00000014 to make your char level 20, for example. Use the windows calculator as "Programmer" view to easy hex <-> decimal conversion.

Be careful when applying cheats for the first time, avoid savestates until totally sure the code is correct, if you sstate a wrong code the error will be saved together and return each time you load it.

That's the reason not being enough to // the cheat (neither removing it since it is the same)... because the code is already in memory unless the game rewrite it in a timely fashion. Once applied it is applied for good, only reaplying with the original values can return it to the original state. But that is valid only for sstates... commonly the normal save don't save more than the absolute necessary and so, reconstruct the whole memory from the disc and may correct the error unless it is on some the things it saves.

For that reason the recommendation is to test new codes near a normal save point, always.

@Mephistodin
Action Replay MAX sometimes release codes which can't be put under the raw format what mean they can't be used without the actual device.

That game was released to an impressive number of consoles, ranging from the ancient Master System to almost anything else I know... those "strange codes" possibly are not for PS2 at all.
(05-09-2011, 03:46 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: @Clarence
Yes, what come after the tokens "byte", "short", "word" and (preferably) "extent" is the actual value to be pushed into the address provided by that hex number that precedes them.

The value is in hex, so if you see it is a byte and the value is 00000063 - it mean 99 in decimal base... you could change it to, 00000014 to make your char level 20, for example. Use the windows calculator as "Programmer" view to easy hex <-> decimal conversion.

Be careful when applying cheats for the first time, avoid savestates until totally sure the code is correct, if you sstate a wrong code the error will be saved together and return each time you load it.

That's the reason not being enough to // the cheat (neither removing it since it is the same)... because the code is already in memory unless the game rewrite it in a timely fashion. Once applied it is applied for good, only reaplying with the original values can return it to the original state. But that is valid only for sstates... commonly the normal save don't save more than the absolute necessary and so, reconstruct the whole memory from the disc and may correct the error unless it is on some the things it saves.

For that reason the recommendation is to test new codes near a normal save point, always.

@Mephistodin
Action Replay MAX sometimes release codes which can't be put under the raw format what mean they can't be used without the actual device.

That game was released to an impressive number of consoles, ranging from the ancient Master System to almost anything else I know... those "strange codes" possibly are not for PS2 at all.

Okay, so your saying there won't be any workable codes for this game? Do you think you could give the Action Replay codes whirl? I don't really know the correct way of converting the codes in the first place, I just sort of guess and test them to look for changes. This game is kind of hard sometimes.

No, I don't even have this game and did not search. Just that is not one only MAX code which can't be converted to RAW. And that other with 2 bytes long operand looks like something you could use in PEC, not pnach.
Okay, so I'm using KH2FM and I converted a code and got this 2A3FA3B1 10000006 (No MP Charge) Now you say I have to change the start of the code to 0 if its 1 or 2. Does that me I change both parts of the code to 0 (0)2A3FA3B1 (0)0000006? So now its fixed? But then you said if it starts with one of those number I have to change it to byte, short, word, etc. if it starts with 1,2,or 3. But we just changed the start number to 0 so its not going to start with 1,2, or 3 anymore. So what do I do? Do you get my problem.
I'm a bit lazy to explain it all, anyway your code seems to be(at least looking with my blind eye) Codebreaker 1+ and not raw = you didn't convert it, or did it incorrectly;P
After conversion to raw it's 20A16C8C 10000006, then you get:
Code:
patch=1,EE,20A16C8C,extended,10000006
Soo to avoid any number change just set value as extended like in code above and it'll be just fine.
Byte/short/word is basically integer range of the value, in your case it's word, but like I said, just use extended and it'll be just fine;]. You can use PCSX2 Cheat Converter without bothering about doing it manually for each code.
(08-17-2011, 09:02 PM)miseru99 Wrote: I'm a bit lazy to explain it all, anyway your code seems to be(at least looking with my blind eye) Codebreaker 1+ and not raw = you didn't convert it, or did it incorrectly;P
After conversion to raw it's 20A16C8C 10000006, then you get:
Code:
patch=1,EE,20A16C8C,extended,10000006
Soo to avoid any number change just set value as extended like in code above and it'll be just fine.
Byte/short/word is basically integer range of the value, in your case it's word, but like I said, just use extended and it'll be just fine;]. You can use PCSX2 Cheat Converter without bothering about doing it manually for each code.

I should of said decrypted instead of convert. You just decrypted it again after I did it. Sorry about that or is what you did still right?

>.>
LOL... soo you had raw code, then "decrypted" it...
ok as I found, the RAW code was:
Code:
201A1D78 10000006
which you probably started from... you don't "decrypt" that =_=;... it's already RAW/unencrypted, which is usable in pcsx2...
the pnach to work in pcsx2 should then be:
Code:
patch=1,EE,201A1D78,extended,10000006
Why you even thought about decrypting unencrypted code in the first place? O.o

Edit: Generally most people while uploading their codes somewhere note what format are those codes, if it's raw/unencrypted, they're already usable in pcsx2 pnach files. If they're in any other format, use Omniconvert to convert them from choosen input format to raw/unencrypted output format. Later use PCSX2 Cheat Converter to add pnach formatting to those raw codes and you'll have ready cheats for pcsx2 in no time.