..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 for Fedora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Hum I try your .gs with a 4x aliasing didn't find any issue. If you can provide me a new dump that it failling with aliasing but work with CG (or GLSL without aliasing), I will be able to compare and fix the issue. Thanks
I'll be away from home all week, will get to it at the weekend Smile
Sorry for the delay. I have now made these tests:
snap file 1 is glsl-debug with antialiasing and missing video
snap file 2 is glsl-debug with antialiasing and missing elements
snap file 3 is glsl-debug without antialiasing and previously missing video showing
snap file 4 is glsl-debug without antialiasing and previously missing elements showing

I have also included copies of files from my ini directory

I have prepared a cg-debug as well, if you need tests in cg.

[attachment=38700]

pcsx2 is prepared from svn 5323
Hi ! I'm willing to deploy PCSX2 under Fedora 17 32-bit.

I'd like to ask about compatibility issues (if there are such things):

I have system based on 'Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3' with 2GiB of DDR3 memory, 'Athlon II x2 260' cpu and 'Palit 8800GT 1GiB' graphics.

Is this going to work fine with Tekken 5? I only want to get full speed - shadows and textures are not necessary to me.
I think fedora has the jump on me - always a new release! I can recompile the rpm for Fedora 17 and post it - will do so tonight. if you are itching to go, there should be no problem installng the Fedora 16 rpm in Fedora 17. I don't think there's an option you need to select in yum if you specify the package.

Type:

Code:
tar -xvf pcsx2-5330-1.fc16.i686.rpm.tar.gz
yum localinstall --nogpgcheck pcsx2-5330-1.fc16.i686.rpm

I'm not sure how demanding Tekken 5 is. I think you may find an Athlon II is a bit on the slow side, especially for the gsdx plugin, but the only way to find out is to try!
Thanks alot! I'll try that later, when I'm back home. Thanks for a quick response))

Offtop: Also, I'd like to note that Fedora is the best distribution so far I have worked with. Gnome 3 is much better than Gnome 2, and my personal favorite over KDE, which I used to like for a long time.
It would help if they didn't release a new version every six months though Wink
(07-11-2012, 10:45 AM)VasyaSeg Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks alot! I'll try that later, when I'm back home. Thanks for a quick response))

I've now added a Fedora 17 build to the top post; download, then install with:

Code:
tar -xvf pcsx2-5330-1.fc17.i686.rpm.tar.gz
sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck pcsx2-5330-1.fc17.i686.rpm

Have fun Wink
gumbo

I didn't have time to look your dump. However I m not sure they have the issue. Let's me explained you a bit the drawing pipeline.

The EE (ie pcsx2) send the drawing geometry and the texture to the gs plunging. The dump will record them. Texture can be a result of previous drawing command including a previous frame. Now inside the plugin, geometry and commands will be converted to our real GPU format. After the conversion data are send to the GPU, the transfer of data can be either done by GLSL or CG. (note it is not totally accurate but enough to understand )

You can conclude that dump are identical between CG and GLSL, it only depends of the ps2 games data (+ current context of previous command). That also mean if you store a badly computed texture (black texture for example ) in a dump, the plugin will correctly render a black texture. Bad input =>bad output.

A good dump must be good with the CG backend => input are correct. And bad with GLSL which mean something is wrong in GLSL. note that you can easily replay your dump with the extra binary (...Replay. ..), first parameter is the path of your ini directory, second is the gs file.
Sorry for the late reply: I've delayed a bit because I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. Do you mean to say -

1. It is trial and error whether I get the dump showing the antialiasing problem (because texture depends on the previous frame)? And therefore I should try the dump in the Replay binary to see if it is exhibiting the error I am experiencing.

or:

2. I might not be able to show this problem with antialiasing resulting in a black objects in the frame by doing a dump?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34