..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 for Fedora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Yes all new cmake options used, building with:

Code:
cmake CMakeLists.txt -DPACKAGE_MODE=TRUE -DGLSL_SHADER_DIR=%{_libdir}/%{name} -DBUILD_REPLAY_LOADERS=TRUE -DXDG_STD=FALSE -DGLSL_API=TRUE -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="/usr" -DPLUGIN_DIR=%{_libdir}/%{name} -DGAMEINDEX_DIR=%{_datadir}/%{name} -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SOUNDTOUCH=FALSE -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=FALSE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=TRUE

I have to bump the cmake requirement down to version 2.8.4 for older versions of Fedora, but no problem with building-
Everything working fine - although some dysfunction with ZZOgl - maybe because I used the glsl shaders? But gsdx now very compatible. I haven't tried building with Cg.

I can try building 1.0.0, do I check out with
Code:
./build_pcsx2_tarball.sh -rev 5280 -branch 1.0.0

or is this still downloading trunk? I don't see any indication that it is downloading 1.0.0
GLSL is a bit green but I would expect it (latest trunk) to run as good as cg. Can you try with a cg build.

Yes, it would be fine normally. You can easily check the pcsx2 version in pcsx2/SysForwardDefs.h
(06-10-2012, 12:42 PM)gregory Wrote: [ -> ]GLSL is a bit green but I would expect it (latest trunk) to run as good as cg. Can you try with a cg build.

Yes, it would be fine normally. You can easily check the pcsx2 version in pcsx2/SysForwardDefs.h

Okay I have done some tests, I built the 1.0.0 branch against Cg and against GLSL and experienced problems in GLSL which did not occur in Cg.

These involved crashes when trying to alter plugin parameters in ZZOGL on the fly, some graphics missing in ZZOGL when compiled against GLSL. I have not yet built against latest trunk but they occur in GLSL build of trunk svn 5264, and again in the build of 1.0.0 today using svn 5280.
I have attached a commented output of the terminal when these problems occurred.

[attachment=32206]

I will try to build trunk svn 5281 against glsl tonight and make another test.
Which games miss some elements? Yes changing plugin on the fly is not supported, it is too complicated to debug those crash and I better spend my time to improve the plugins. Can you create some gs dump. Build a debug build, go to the scene that miss some elements, then hit ctrl-F9. The dump will be created in snaps directory.
Sega Rally 2006 - I attached the output from the pcsx2 terminal below.

[attachment=32207]

I made a debug build but nothing outputs to ~/PCSX2/snaps when I press ctrl-F9...

nb. I've just re-read your post and thought I'd add that the crash is not just when changing from one plugin to another but also when changing the settings of ZZOGL itself, so for example if when running a game in ZZOGL I drop down to the gui, change the interlacing setting, confirm my changes and try to resume the game, this results in a PCSX2 crash.
sorry dump are in /tmp. I really to improve that.

Hum I will try to see if i can fix the crash...
Thanks!
Just a bit of extra info: Game CRC = 0xB26172F0

snaps are attached.

[attachment=38359]
Could you regenerate the snap with those condition:
1/ don't enable glsl and use pure CG (but keep zzogl 0.4.0).
2/ go to the scene that miss some elements on glsl but that work on CG

I only need 1 snap but it must work on cg and fail on glsl. The snap contains all registers access to the plugins and the texture. If the texture is incorrect, I can't debug the register access.

By the way, I fix some crashes on ZZogl reloading. Gsdx still crash unfortunately on my side.

Thanks
Here they are. I did two snaps:
002 is missing video and will correspond to snaps 001 and 003 in the previous file I posted
003 is missing graphics and will correspond to snaps 002 and 004 in previous file.

I hope this makes sense. Double checked both have missing graphics in glsl build.
note: I built against svn 5291 for the cg debug build, and 5281 for glsl debug.

[attachment=38377]
I think I have found the issue of the black screen. Luckily I have found another issue with interlacing texture. Tell me if it is ok.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34