..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 And 4 - Certain enemies groups slow down game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
hahaha sorry about that ^^ Tongue and I'm not rich either, but I build my pc with loose parts so that way I slowly but surely I'm getting the pc I want Smile
Simply go to your system restore and select a point before you installed the driver update.

As far as driver updates go, unless there is a reason you need to update them.... don't do it. They generally cause more headaches than they fix.
Well, my problem is that I can't use Catalyst updates AT ALL.

With 11.8 (before everything broke), Persona 3 ran near perfect, but without any Catalyst drivers or an earlier version, it runs like crap.

Basically, I need 11.8 to run Persona 3 FES well, but I can't install without stuff going wrong, nor can I use any other Catalyst driver updates, regardless of version.

Goign back and restoring stuff did nothing to fix the problem (the problem is apparently retroactive), even a factory reinstall of Windows did nothing, so I think my card and/or motherboard might be messed up.
(09-07-2011, 04:13 AM)Rpgingmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my problem is that I can't use Catalyst updates AT ALL.

With 11.8 (before everything broke), Persona 3 ran near perfect, but without any Catalyst drivers or an earlier version, it runs like crap.

Basically, I need 11.8 to run Persona 3 FES well, but I can't install without stuff going wrong, nor can I use any other Catalyst driver updates, regardless of version.

Goign back and restoring stuff did nothing to fix the problem (the problem is apparently retroactive), even a factory reinstall of Windows did nothing, so I think my card and/or motherboard might be messed up.

Well maybe u can try to clean the register, and reinstall again, maybe some key is still alive. iirc theres a tool to uninstall the drivers wo leavin anything in the register.

Hope this can help u.

PS ati <3 me cause my updates always work fine >_>(maybe is cause i wait for the patched updates? xD)
Tried it. No data from the former install was left behind (because the drive was completely formatted than had Windows 7 reinstalled), and I still get the same problem.
So your main issue is that u can't seem to install any Catalyst Drivers??? But u know that they use now an autoupdater program, but u still should be able to manual select the driver and otherwise I'll upload it for you (In Rar) towards Mediafire or some other filesharing site Smile
Tried it both ways, and it still does not work.

No matter what I try, I cannot upgrade my Catalyst drivers regardless of card (I have two on hand) either manually or through the autoupdater without the same problems.

PCSX2 still gives me miserable performance when it used to be near perfect, and I'm having it sent in for repair with the cynical hope HP will be able to fix it, so thanks for the offer, but I don't think it will help.
Maybe some kind of driver wipe program could help you...oh well good luck with that you'll need it Tongue
Just want to post that I recently fought a boss which I don't want to spoil and it slowed down a bit when it was my turn to choose my move. When the game would perform the move it would go normal then slow back down once it was done.

This happened in Persona 4, the third boss fight in the game.
(09-09-2011, 01:41 AM)Jogabonito Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to post that I recently fought a boss which I don't want to spoil and it slowed down a bit when it was my turn to choose my move. When the game would perform the move it would go normal then slow back down once it was done.

This happened in Persona 4, the third boss fight in the game.

The link kind of got drowned out by other discussion, but if you still have a save from the area can you try using this version of GSDx?

*removed*

See if you still get slow downs there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13