..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 And 4 - Certain enemies groups slow down game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(09-09-2011, 02:43 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]The link kind of got drowned out by other discussion, but if you still have a save from the area can you try using this version of GSDx?

*removed*

See if you still get slow downs there.

link was removed
So it was... Apparently I'm not allowed to post a previous build of a plugin released by the author to help someone else bug test a known issue. I'll remember that in the future.
Seems I fixed the problem on my end... I overclocked my video card and I am definitely getting a much better FPS, much better than I haven't had any slow down in the usual random battles / boss fights.

I use to get slow downs when I would encounter 4 enemies and now I am running between 55-60fps in those scenes when I would run that at 43ish and up.
Hi, I also play Persona 4 and very upset with the lag problem on certain enemies. I found out that if the battle scene environment has decent amount of animation combined with the enemies sophisticated animation, it is the recipe of lag (on default PCSX2 settings)

So, I play with the plugin, here is my system spec and plugin settings (it does really well)

System
[Image: emBwY.png] [Image: ZdyCv.png]

Plugin and Core GS Settings
1. Set the clamping mode to None for both EE/IOP and VUs
[Image: nfDML.png]

2. Set Speedhack like these
[Image: RKUFf.png]

3. This is my plugin settings
[Image: GhfPj.png]

It will speed-up those battle scene really good (on my spec), I recall it gets around 53-60 fps with a little bit slowdown after the skill animation finished (hardly noticed)

however, the drawback is that every time I open a program or anything that demand resources on my laptop, the game will slowdown (not much) for a few seconds

hope it help

try set VU cycle stealing to Lv-2 and EE cyclerate back to Lv-0(default)
also check your power plan set to "High performance"
(03-23-2012, 02:11 AM)tallbender Wrote: [ -> ]try set VU cycle stealing to Lv-2 and EE cyclerate back to Lv-0(default)
also check your power plan set to "High performance"

my power plan is already high performance, I think it's because my laptop only have 2GB ram with win7 64bit, I plan to upgrade it to 8GB

anyway, do you mean set EE cyclerate back to Lv1, because it has no Lv0
but if I set it that way, the skill animation (when cast) will be slowed down
More ram will have 0 effect on PCSX2 speed. Instead, try checking 'native' in GSdx
(03-23-2012, 09:55 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]More ram will have 0 effect on PCSX2 speed. Instead, try checking 'native' in GSdx

it might give a slight improvement as I didn't notice much about the speed, yet it is the nearest possible tweak to emulate PS2 (persona 4) perfectly
I had problems during my P4 ingame battles.

Fix is...
esc, load plugins, change res to native.
the game hates the other reses, outside in the open world though it's perfectly fine.
Dark it is recommended to make a new thread Smile and not revive a 9 month old thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13