..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 And 4 - Certain enemies groups slow down game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Well, that's interesting. Can't say I was all that crazy over the Portable version of 3, and I would have no interest in the multi player aspects of the Vita version, but I agree it does sound like a nice idea (the fact they don't have to cut content alone makes it worthwhile for handheld gaming).

That said, I'm not much of a portable gamer these days, so I'll probably be missing out on it, though I do wonder if it will be canon to the series (as Persona 3 Portable, by virtue of not having "The Answer", isn't considered canon). Can't say I'm going to be bothered by missing out on all the added anime scenes, expanded dialogue they plan to add to the voiceacting and wearable costumes (I wasn't all that fired up about it in 3 anyway) but I wonder if the new character (Mari, if I translated it right) is going to alter the story (she probably would if she's a battle character), or if she's just another social link.

In any case, I'd just like to know if the story is being altered to a considerable degree by all the new changes. If not, I'll be happy with my PS2 version.

I also heard that Persona 3 and 4 are getting a BlazBlue style fighting game, which looks interesting but doesn't really make my mouth water or anything.

As for the anime, I heard of it, but never got a chance to watch it, but I'm familiar with reference you made (Akihiko shows up, doesn't he?).....

Anyway, back to the subject of emulation.

I finished the Full Moon event without flaws and plan to play through the rest of the game to see if anything is improved, but I did find out something interesting.

If any options are on in the Catalyst driver like tessellation or Morphological Filitering, they can and will make the game experience crap, so I have my Catalyst settings cranked down to off for all the options mentioned.

Oddly enough, not only do those options affect the game, the control pad menu (where you set the keys) becomes unusable, and the only way to make sure everything is fine is to totally turn off the emulator, disable the options, then turn the emulator back on.
Akihiko indeed as a Police Officer, and perhaps even Ken, as an adult and under an alias (Probably) Smile And so far I haven't encountered any mishaps, well besides the fact, that sometimes the Tab or the Escape won't work, so I have to Go into options, press apply, or just keep ramming the tab/escape until it works, but it also have to do perhaps with DirectX Input, that's kinda acting lame Tongue
@Rpgingmaster

AMD HD 5450 1 GB? Intel Core i7 integrated GPUs are faster than the hd 5450... You should stick with native resolution.
Ehhh I think you're wrong there buddy, the i7 doesn't come with the Integrated GPU. And none of the Intel Media Graphics are faster then a normal ATI Card. Hell even the IGP 3xxx/4xxx of ATI are faster then every Intel Card out there. Smile
(09-04-2011, 09:47 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]@Rpgingmaster

AMD HD 5450 1 GB? Intel Core i7 integrated GPUs are faster than the hd 5450... You should stick with native resolution.

I did stick with native resolution even on my old HD 4670.

Trust me, I'm well aware my card is not that awesome, but oddly enough I got the exact same performance (lousy) at high resolution on my HD 4670 for Persona 3 and 4 that I get on my HD 5450.

Also, on either card I just can't stand what happens to the graphics. A lot of stuff looks sharpened (as in jagged edges everywhere) and the character portraits and text look really jacked up, so I stick with something close to low resolution and am perfectly satisfied because it actually looks like what I see on my TV.

Oddly enough, I can use 2x native resolution on Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne and still get full speed and it looks awesome in the process, so I'm assuming my graphics card isn't totally bad.

I'm assuming that you're trying to tell me my card is low end, correct? I'm aware it's not a gaming card, but I'm kinda stuck with it, so I just need to know HOW bad it apparently is, because all I had to do was change my Catalyst driver and all my slowdown issues (except for a very minor one) went poof.

Regardless, from reading the system requirements, I thought this card was more than sufficient to run PS2 games fairly well (please correct me if I'm wrong), and I know my processor is fairly high on the system requirements list.

However, since you pointed that out, just how good is my system, anyway? I'm a gaming minimalist who will settle for the same quality I get on a console if nothing more, I use a CRT monitor and couldn't care less about running in high resolutions, and as long as I can run the game to the point it's about the same quality I'd get on a medium grade standard TV set, I'm happy.

So far, given the latest changes I made to my Catalyst driver, I can run over 99.9 percent of Persona 3 without speedhacks at full speed, so I can only assume my computer is somewhat decent. I haven't tried Persona 4 yet on my new setup, but I ran it better than Persona 3 on even crappier hardware with minor slowdowns.

In fact, I was once stuck with a medium grade Athlon 64 Dual Core and a Nvidia Geforce 6150 (I KNOW this is a lousy piece of IGP crap), and I still managed to run Persona 3 and SMT Nocturne on it fairly well.

....I guess what I'm trying to ask is, given my minimalist expectations, is my computer decent enough to run these games?
For the Jagged Edges u can solve it by running in Software mode and activate the Edge Anti-Aliasing Smile Kinda weird that it works only in Software mode, but that's something the plugin creator did. Otherwise u could try turning on FSAA in the CCC Smile

I just turned it on for myself and LOL kinda hard to believe, but seriously the game stays at a flat 60 fps and for some reason the game stutters way less, but I did read somewhere that with the newer generation cards, the higher the res/fsaa & Anisotropic filtering, the better results u get in FPS Smile Don't ask me how or why, but I guess it has also to do with my Quad Smile Since well I didn't have to try this on my old Dual Core LOL. It ran back then about 10 fps lol. I'm so in love with my Quad Core lol (Btw not to brag, but I'm seriously happy) xD
Bottleneck quite obvious... Graphic Card... GTX 560 Ti here, works fine.
As has been said before ur best bet is software GS.

Its been a while since I last had a ATI card, so I can't exactly tell you what other options you have that could improve performance ATI wise...
Trust me, I can disprove the theory of my GPU bottlenecking and software mode curing all ills.

I have a savestate for the final boss so I can test some of the tweaks (given how much this part tends to use EE and GS resources) I've been trying, and software mode runs well in non intensive areas, but in battle it can turn into a slideshow.

By contrast, hardware mode works near flawlessly around native resolution (actually I have mine tweaked to somewhere between native resolution and 2x native) and it runs rather well.
So since it runs almost flawlessly around native resolution, you just proved it IS your GPU bottlenecking Tongue Software mode also depends on your hardware. On my i5 2500k at 4,3 Ghz, software mode yields FPS above full speed, ie it's all relative to your hardware really.
(09-04-2011, 01:01 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]So since it runs almost flawlessly around native resolution, you just proved it IS your GPU bottlenecking Tongue Software mode also depends on your hardware. On my i5 2500k at 4,3 Ghz, software mode yields FPS above full speed, ie it's all relative to your hardware really.

Good point, but how it is in SMT Nocturne I can actually double the resolution with no speed decrease whatsoever without speedhacks on?

Is that game less intensive hardware wise? Also, on a related note, while Persona 3 throws a few hissy fits running at high res, Persona 4 tends to be somewhat less ridiculous and I've actually run the game at x2 resolution with little slowdown (no speedhacks), despite the fact both game use the same game engine to render code.

P.S. - I also said I tweaked my custom resolution to sit somewhere between native and x2 resolution and it seems to work nicely with little slowdown.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13