..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 And 4 - Certain enemies groups slow down game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
well I run P3 FES now @ Custom Resolution of 1920*1080, in Catalyst Control Center I've put FSAA 8x, AF 16x and Morph AA (DX11 Hardware) and it runs like a charm Smile And my card isn't that much higher then yours is, okay it was close to the end of 5xxx series, but still Smile
Dont try to use morph AA especcially for middle low card. It may cut 1/3 fps than default setting.
He just said that he's using it and gets full speed so I don't get what the problem might be? Tongue
I finally found my HD 4670 card (I thought I sold it) and put it in as opposed to my HD 5450, mostly because from what I know, the 5450 isn't a gaming card, and the 4670 has far more power based purely on specifications.

That said, before I test that theory, could anyone tell me

(A) is an HD Radeon 4670 512MB better than a 5450 1GB for gaming purposes
(B) if A is true, by how much.
© and if A and B are true, what would be the best settings to us to take advantage of my card?
With a quick look I can tell you about PCSX2 performance:
4670 memory bandwidth: 32GB/sec
5450 memory bandwidth: 6.4 GB/sec (DDR2) and up to 12.8 GB/sec (DDR3)

So in short, the 4670 will totally smoke that 5450 for PCSX2 performance at least Tongue 3x-5x faster
Thanks.

Coupled with 3 GB of DDR3 800 Mhz memory and Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHZ processor, what kind of performance could I look forward to?

Also, what settings should set everything to for optimum performance.

Note: I'm a performance vs. quality kind of guy, and I always like to run things a touch under what is possible to max out quality wise.

Example - I can run Oblivion on High, but I still turn off Grass and Shadows because I don't want to risk any FPS drop, however minor it may be.

That said, what should I set things at?
I can't tell you that (no one can actually) since there is no point. Each individual game as you've experienced can have totally different requirements (and it is not rare to see older games having higher requirements than newer ones). All you can do is trial and error, to find the sweet spot of the highest resolution possible with no FPS drops. There aren't lots of settings to tweak for graphics in PCSX2, the internal resolution is what it all comes down to, so it's not that hard or time consuming to experiment with it until you find the best settings for each game. A 3 Ghz Core 2 duo should serve well, but still there are games that will need close to 3,6 Ghz or more to perform well, so as always depends on the game
Thanks.

Do you have any tips for calibrating my ATI Catalyst Driver to play nice with my emulator?
Nope sorry, never had an ATI graphics card
(09-04-2011, 02:45 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]He just said that he's using it and gets full speed so I don't get what the problem might be? Tongue

That isnt problem but i dont see real benefit for better visual quality on pcsx2 rather than HW AA option and both option absolutly decreasing FPS. But in PC gaming it does give better visual quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13