..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 And 4 - Certain enemies groups slow down game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I don't have any issues with P3/P4 Smile only time when I notice a heareable slowdown is when I save the game, but further the game runs great and I use the GSDX coming with r4600
I didn't have any problems with my last playthrough on my laptop, but it was using an nvidia card... I may just have to bite the bullet and play through P3 myself a bit till I can find a gold hand (it was definitely one of the enemies that caused slowdown a couple years ago on my HD3850, and is consistant with the slowdowns that are being mentioned now)

Also, according to past me ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx?page=204 ) The last build that did work was indeed 1398, which you can get here ( http://megaupload.com/?d=O680GUBU )

Only did some prelim testing just to make sure that the plugin even still runs in the latest PCSX2 (a lot has changed since 09) and it does. Again, I'm not anywhere near a shiny enemy in the game to test if this still fixes it... but feel free to try it anyone that's having the issue.
I tried that megaupload link, but it was deleted.

I'll be testing out that plugin, though, and its nice to know that it isn't just in my imagination.

I'll post back when I'm done trying out that plugin.
What I did notice when I had a slowdown, was the part where all enemies where white and a white-ish surrounding, can't remember where it was (Was with FES The answer btw) Smile
(09-05-2011, 10:14 PM)Rpgingmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I tried that megaupload link, but it was deleted.

I'll be testing out that plugin, though, and its nice to know that it isn't just in my imagination.

I'll post back when I'm done trying out that plugin.

Actually the last parenthesis got parsed as part of the link so just delete that and the link works fine Tongue
Links fixed Wink Should have double checked that after I posted it.
Since this has become a bit of a PERSONA help thread, I hope it's all right for me to post a question concerning those games.

I was wondering if there was any way to prevent the lines and slight eye misalignment issues (Usually when characters blink.) that occur around character portraits. (The ones that appear with text boxes.) I've noticed it in both PERSONA3FES and 4.

It's a horribly minor issue, but I figured I'd ask if anyone found a solution.
Well I don't know about your issue with Persona, but perhaps u could show it with a picture or fraps it and then link it through youtube? Smile But on the otherside, they rather have u use an already existing thread if it fits with the topic, then making a new one, to make sure the forum won't be a messy bits of text Tongue
It's a texture filtering issue, disable texture filtering and you won't get those lines.

(edit) or change the filtering from a check to just filled in and that will only filter textures, leaving text and those 2d images unfiltered (and thus avoiding the misalignment)
(09-06-2011, 01:27 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ](edit) or change the filtering from a check to just filled in and that will only filter textures, leaving text and those 2d images unfiltered (and thus avoiding the misalignment)
Whoa, that totally worked; I had no idea that's what the "Filled In" Check Box meant. Thank you for your help.

By the way, here's what it looked like before the "Filled In" Check Box.
[Image: persona4c.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13