FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
Fuzzy, thank you so much for your work on this project. I'd offer you my first born but there isn't one. Tongue2

After skimming 74 pages for the past hour or so, I wasn't able to find (doesn't mean it's not there, I'm seeking forgiveness) a clear answer to a question I have regarding sphere grid nodes.

I'd like to revert the stat node values to something close (if not exact) to what they were before I maximized them just after getting the grid tutorial, while retaining current position and activated nodes. I have backup saves going all the way to the first save sphere, I export from mymc every time I save in game.

Can you clarify a few functions for me:

"Import Sphere Levels & AP" and "Import Sphere Grid": Are the positions and activated nodes imported separately from the values and type of node?
EDIT: It appears value and type cannot be imported separately from position and activation.

"Scramble [Stat Nodes]": Is this just randomizing the value for each node, or does it randomize the grid as a whole, tossing AGI or STR wherever the bits may fall?
EDIT: Scramble, got it. Just moves existing nodes around, no value change.

Am I doomed to import an early grid and hack my AP and then manually activate nodes to get back to where I am currently on the grid?
EDIT: On second thought, maybe I'll just minimize stats and go with that, unless there's something I've missed.

Sponsored links

I think you'll have to import an earlier grid and fill it out. The minimize nodes function will turn all nodes into +1's.
Indeed. Minimized stats made me feel like a nerf gun. Manual activation it is.

Thanks again for making FFXED.
Hi, first of all, i want to say thank you for this program. im really having a hard time doing that chocobo racing to get the sigil. anyways, i have a question though.

Can i obtain the celestial weapons (or any weapon or armor) by just using ffxed? if so, how? i cant seem to find where in the program should i edit.
(06-17-2013, 04:59 PM)redred1188 Wrote: Can i obtain the celestial weapons (or any weapon or armor) by just using ffxed? if so, how? i cant seem to find where in the program should i edit.

You can create new equipment from the Equipment menu.
I've never actually get those weapons during normal gameplay and I'm probably wrong about thins,but don't they have the 9999 damage limit disabled on them(without the skill one of the 4 skill slots)
All the celestials have "Break Damage Limit" as one of the four abilities.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Celes...#Caladbolg Wrote:Fully upgraded, the Caladbolg has the abilities Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Evade & Counter, and Magic Counter.
(04-23-2011, 08:52 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: Go to the Sphere Grid menu and change the Sphere Grid Type from Original to Standard. It will convert your Sphere Grid to the new version which has the extra abilities.

If you encounter the Dark Valefor glitch, use FFXED to fix it before the battle.

To convert a save file from NA to International, follow these instructions:

1. Open an International save file in FFXED.
2. Go to the Import menu and open the NA save file you want to convert.
3. Click Import Entire Save, then click Done.
4. Go to the Sphere Grid menu and change the Sphere Grid Type from Original to Standard. Click Done.
5. Save your changes and exit FFXED.

Hi, I am new here. Biggrin
I have a problem with some cut scene before the battle with Dark Valefor. It was right after the Monk said "Invidel" the game stopped.
At the new game, I choose the expert Sphere Grid, but after I convert it to Original, the game still freeze Sad
Send some tips & tricks would be just great Smile
Thanks in advance Laugh
(07-11-2013, 01:19 AM)Ntuuuut Wrote: Hi, I am new here. Biggrin
I have a problem with some cut scene before the battle with Dark Valefor. It was right after the Monk said "Invidel" the game stopped.
At the new game, I choose the expert Sphere Grid, but after I convert it to Original, the game still freeze Sad
Send some tips & tricks would be just great Smile
Thanks in advance Laugh

Try using "Fix Dark Valefor Glitch" in the FFXED Misc menu.
(07-11-2013, 08:16 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: Try using "Fix Dark Valefor Glitch" in the FFXED Misc menu.

One question...this is save data so what exact the save contains so when you apply this fix,the game is fixed.What does this fix changes to the save to make the game to work in a different way(preventing the bug to be triggered)?