GSdx
(04-23-2011, 03:23 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: thats to be expected, the image is "tiled" in such a manner that the upscaling causes the usually transparency edges to increase in size and cause breaks between the textures.

ahhh.. i see now. it's THE GAME that's problematic...
btw, is there any chance that the next GSdx update will be able to fix this ?

all in all, i have to say thanks a whole lot for creating PCSX2 and its wonderful plugins. it is the best PS2 emulator out there... Smile

Sponsored links

(04-23-2011, 03:19 AM)SeiYuusha Wrote: anyone knows how to fix this, please ?

Disable "Texture filtering" or tick the "Native" checkbox or play with a (Software) renderer.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-20-2011, 02:45 PM)refraction Wrote: It's just certain methods of blurrin, fog etc which are not quite native to how direct x works making it difficult to reproduce

(04-21-2011, 08:34 PM)Koji Wrote: It's not necessarily that the end result looks better or is graphically more impressive than something directX can produce, it's just done in a different way that doesn't translate well.

++

Thanks guys, that was informative! I forgot that there's not necessarily one correct approach to doing things, d'oh.
(04-23-2011, 03:30 AM)SeiYuusha Wrote: it is the best PS2 emulator out there... Smile

It's the only one currently Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
(04-23-2011, 03:33 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Disable "Texture filtering" or tick the "Native" checkbox or play with a (Software) renderer.

yep. thanks a lot, Shadow Lady Smile

(04-23-2011, 12:35 PM)Koji Wrote: It's the only one currently Wink

ah, yes.. you're right.. Smile

(04-23-2011, 12:35 PM)Koji Wrote: It's the only one currently Wink

yap, and I don't see any others coming about because its highly modular, open source, and most advanced.
There are actually different competing sounds engines, graphics engines, etc for it. Although not all are in development since some are obviously better.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.
Here's hoping that someday the crazy code that was used to make the "red fog" or whatever in Valkyrie Profile 2 will be cracked and renderable.

Baring that, I'm liking the new "Software" renderer available via SVN, its much faster then the old one. (or it could be I recently upgraded my CPU as well.. so... maybe bothLaugh)

Anyway, keep up the good work.
(04-25-2011, 03:46 PM)Xionanx Wrote: Here's hoping that someday the crazy code that was used to make the "red fog" or whatever in Valkyrie Profile 2 will be cracked and renderable.

Hi Xionanx, I may actually have a workaround for the red/purple fog in the forest level of VP2: you can try to set the skipdraw hack to 6. This worked for me: the fog will be simply gone, but you will get some flashy backgrounds and glitches in battle screen.
I hope it helps.
Also remember to disable (set to 0) the skipdraw after you pass the forest since it may actually break other games.

My PCSX2 version is 0.9.8r4600
My GSdx version is 0.1.16r4600 SS4
If you need I will post screenshots of my settings and results.
Λευκος
SStateMan - a savestate managing tool for PCSX2
Currently playing:
- PS2 -> PCSX2: Stella Deus
- PC : Skyrim
Hi. I can't change any of my GXds settings dunno why. Its just doesn't save what i change. I'm using pcx2 0.9.7 release. Can anyone help?
(04-27-2011, 10:03 PM)wartuga555 Wrote: Hi. I can't change any of my GXds settings dunno why. Its just doesn't save what i change. I'm using pcx2 0.9.7 release. Can anyone help?

Change your pcsx2 directory to My Documents or Desktop, anywhere would works except for Program Files.