ZZogl -- Zero GS KOSMOS fork
(09-26-2011, 06:48 PM)gregory Wrote: Try to disable anisotropic filtering.

Yeah, you were right. I had it forced in nvidia-settings and had forgotten all about it.

Thanks

Sponsored links

I am trying to download this, but cant figure out how. There are so many files in the directory in the first post, I don't know which one to get. Using Win7 x64bit. Can someone provide a link or tell me how to navigate the structure?
I'm fairy sure you can get latest ZZogl from latest svn builds, but for Windows GSdx is usually a better choice in both speed and compatibility. If you think it'll work faster and that would be your reason to getting it, think again.

The link in the first post you're talking about is probably the source code most likely useless for you or you would know what it is if you would be able to compile it. Through I'm not soo sure if it's actual anyway as the post was last time edited like two years ago.
So how would I get it then? is it available for windows?
Yes, just get the latest SVN build from this link and it should have the latest ZZogl for windows included:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SVN-daily...-by-Orphis
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks again!
I have another issue with SMT: Lucifer's call. There appears to be dot like patterns all over the screen but they only occur when selecting NTSC (60hz) mode from within the game. Using the standard Pal (50hz) mode, the game looks correct. I tried to take screenshots of this effect, but the glitch doesn't appear to show in the screenshot, so I took a photo. Ignore the fact that it is in widescreen, it occurs in 4:3 mode as well. Additionally, changing the AA, bilinear filtering, and interlacing options on and off don't help (although flicker seems to be more severe in ntsc mode, and thus interlace 1 mode helps reduce it)

As a workaround, I tried forcing the game to 60fps through pcsx2's emulation settings. However, this results in audio that is too fast. The game runs slower than it should in 50hz, so it needs to run at proper 60hz to run correctly.

EDIT: Performance also appears to be worse with 60 hz mode, even compared to running the game with pcsx2 force 60fps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

One more thing, are the glitches with the floor/shadows a known issue with Persona 3 : FES ? They can be reduced by setting "no logarithmic z" but you get even worse glitches if you enable AA with that hack enabled (coloured floors).
I mentioned the problems I was having with Idol Janshi Suchie-Pai IV in the GSdx thread, so I might as well post about the problems it has with ZZogl here too.

There are two main problems with this game. The first seems to be some kind of blending problem, and is visible in these two screenshots:

[Image: auh406.png]
[Image: v2shf6.png]

The second problem is that the backgrounds are a complete mess as the palette seems totally screwed:

[Image: 2hpm64j.png]

FWIW I'm running a current SVN build of ZZogl 0.3.0 on Windows 7. My GPU is an Nvidia GTX 570 with driver version 285.62.
If you have the same issue as GSdx then it probably the same issue. Gabest did a change on the clutbuffer management. If I'm correct it wrap the buffer address which is not done on ZZogl and it drop the MSB bit of CSA.