..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Official Comment Thread] Pcsx2 svn snapshots and user-compiled svn revs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(05-16-2009, 09:13 AM)crazyquark Wrote: [ -> ]Rev 1201 is broken. To make it compile on windows you need to add \..\..\CDVD to the include directories.
Persona 4 no longer works with this revision, you get a black screen when starting the game.
God of War works the same with all the known bugs, including white screen before the final Ares battle.

Rev 1202 compiles but Persona 4 is still broken. Probably because of changes in GSdx.

Also, in God Of War 2, the green background bug is back, it used to work fine.
I m trying compile pcsx2 on debian lenny 64bit, i have almost all needed librarys in /emul folder. But now i m facing

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../libgthread-2.0.so when searching for -lgthread-2.0

such problem i tried this libglib2.0-dev then i get hundrids of lines something like that

CDVD.cpp:(.text+0x1f92): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_Rep::_M_destroy(std::allocator<char> c
onst&)'
CDVD.cpp:(.text+0x1fa1): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
CdRom.cpp:(.text+0x25): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
../CDVD/libps2_cdvd.a(CdRom.o):(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [pcsx2] Error 1

and it fails

Any ideas or maybe report as bug? BTW errors looking sad :)
(05-17-2009, 03:34 PM)wolas Wrote: [ -> ]I m trying compile pcsx2 on debian lenny 64bit, i have almost all needed librarys in /emul folder. But now i m facing

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../libgthread-2.0.so when searching for -lgthread-2.0

such problem i tried this libglib2.0-dev then i get hundrids of lines something like that

CDVD.cppSad.text+0x1f92): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_Rep::_M_destroy(std::allocator<char> c
onst&)'
CDVD.cppSad.text+0x1fa1): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string()'
CdRom.cppSad.text+0x25): undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()'
../CDVD/libps2_cdvd.a(CdRom.o)Sad.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [pcsx2] Error 1

and it fails

Any ideas or maybe report as bug? BTW errors looking sad Smile

Well it looks like as if you don't have the c++ standard library for 64 bit, all those symbols are from STL. You should look for smth like libstdc++.so in your /lib or /usr/lib or maybe /lib64, /usr/lib64. Also make sure the library path includes these. This can't really be a bug because that library is linked in by default, so the devs don't need to do anything special to include it.
Oh, one last thing..."undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0" could mean that you have no C++ support installed for your gcc.
pcsx2 r1190

I'm having trouble with ff x-2

game loads up ok, get to main menu, start new game, fmv starts and its like this, looks like it has some sort of grid over it, and portions are missing/blacked out.then it crashes about 15 secs after that.

[Image: 57338664.jpg]

Edit: now using r1231 fmv is same , don't think this can be helped atm,
not sure what is different but with 1231, it no longer crashes oO
On revision 1229:
Persona 4 is working again(yey!) as expected.
God of War 2 is still messed up(all green).
(05-21-2009, 12:39 AM)Swípe Wrote: [ -> ]pcsx2 r1190

I'm having trouble with ff x-2

game loads up ok, get to main menu, start new game, fmv starts and its like this, looks like it has some sort of grid over it, and portions are missing/blacked out.then it crashes about 15 secs after that.

[Image: 57338664.jpg]

Edit: now using r1231 fmv is same , don't think this can be helped atm,
not sure what is different but with 1231, it no longer crashes oO
I have settings for FFX-2 posted, try them. rev 1221 works 100% fine, no black lines or anything. (I get full speed on it too)
Thanks, i'll check it out.

Edit:fmv is perfect if run in dx10 software mode with native resolution. Smile
I use DX9, no problems here
Apparently the latest changes fix GoW 1 & 2. Can anyone confirm this? I am not seeing any improvement on my machine. I've compiled the latest version from the svn and the one that supposedly fixes GoW.
(05-26-2009, 08:29 AM)crazyquark Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently the latest changes fix GoW 1 & 2. Can anyone confirm this? I am not seeing any improvement on my machine. I've compiled the latest version from the svn and the one that supposedly fixes GoW.

OK, found the answer myself. In order to use the new microVU, you need to enable it in the CPU dialog. The graphics are fixed in GoW but the performance takes a 50% dive, for me, at least. I am on a [email protected], GeForce 9800 GTX, 4GB of RAM, Vista x64.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29