..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 0.9.8!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Works here. (Once you fix the broken link Tongue2 )
Try downloading it with a different browser or a download manager.
(05-07-2011, 09:13 AM)Sylx Wrote: [ -> ]the PCSX2 installer on the download page seems corrupted.
(this link: http://pcsx2.net/files/28278)

i dl-ed it 3 times and always get this message:
"Integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. ... bla bla bla ..."

Got Norton by chance?
One thing I dislike about it.
Why does it has to store its data in the documents folder now? I hate that. It was way better when the configuration files were simply stored in the applications own folder.

Is there any chance of making the *user* able to chose where an application saves its configuration in the next version?
Just use the binary, that's what it's there for.
You get the option in the first run wizard where you want to store it. Of course if you just next your way through and not care, you aren't going to get what you want now, are you?
(05-07-2011, 01:57 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Just use the binary, that's what it's there for.
Ah, there you go! So the portable.ini does the trick. Thank you.

(05-07-2011, 02:23 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]You get the option in the first run wizard where you want to store it. Of course if you just next your way through and not care, you aren't going to get what you want now, are you?
That was not my point.
We're trying to make PCSX2 work for many people, even with the bad restrictions Win Vista and later put on us.
This is why the whole configuration has become such a mess. But at least it can be made to work one way or the other.
Blame Microsoft security fail, not us.
(05-07-2011, 03:03 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]We're trying to make PCSX2 work for many people, even with the bad restrictions Win Vista and later put on us.
This is why the whole configuration has become such a mess. But at least it can be made to work one way or the other.
Blame Microsoft security fail, not us.

I'm not complaining. I really appreciate that you are not one of the devs that decide not to spread a applications configuration all over the registry or hide it in 20 subfolders somewhere in windows' own folder structures.

The best pßlace to store a applications configuration is where the application itself is stored, imho.
That is exactly the problem:
On Windows Vista and later, applications are not allowed to write anything to their own directories
when they're installed to the default programs directory.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27