..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
There's no VS 2009 (as far as I know Oo).
(11-27-2010, 12:16 PM)n2liquid Wrote: [ -> ]Taking the opportunity to ask, will VS2009 charmingly work out-of-the-box with the solutions in the repository or should I download VS2008?

I haven't heard VS2009.

VS2008 SP1 and VS2010 can be installed and worked under the same OS, for the moment leaving VS2010 alone...
Uh, I'm ashamed. Yes, there's no 2009. It went from VS2009 beta 1 to VS2010. I don't use Visual Studio, so I didn't know. Sorry for that~ Smile
I'm trying to compile PCSX2, and am having trouble compiling GSdx.
I suppose this is because symbol "D3DBLENDOP" is not defined in files that include GSTables.h, and I've no idea why.

Code:
1>------ Skipped Build: Project: w32pthreads.v4, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: glew_static, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
3>------ Skipped Build: Project: w32pthreads_lib, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
4>------ Build started: Project: GSdx, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>Build started 09/12/2010 15:40:23.
4>InitializeBuildStatus:
4>  Touching "Debug\GSdx.unsuccessfulbuild".
4>ClCompile:
4>  GS.cpp
4>c:\__important\__progemu\pcsx2 last revision\plugins\gsdx\GSTables.h(41): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'op'
4>c:\__important\__progemu\pcsx2 last revision\plugins\gsdx\GSTables.h(41): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
4>c:\__important\__progemu\pcsx2 last revision\plugins\gsdx\GSTables.h(41): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
4>c:\__important\__progemu\pcsx2 last revision\plugins\gsdx\GSTables.h(42): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'src'

I didn't include the rest of the build info (very long), as I think the first error is enough of a problem, and post that much text on a forum seems pointless, but I will add it if it can be useful.

Using :
- latest PCSX2 revision (r4079)
- VS 2010 under Windows 7 x64
- DX Aug 2009 SDK. I've the later versions installed. I installed Aug 2009 SDK the last, so the DXSDK_DIR variable value points to that.
(I followed the guide, so CG toolkit and GLEW are also installed)

Any help greatly appreciated.
AFAIK VS 2010 is not officially supported yet, using VS2008 SP1 instead.

It shows Debug Win32 in your log. I think you forgot to select Release SSE4 or something from the top middle dropdown menu.
Okay, well since I saw that 2010 solution file (on PCSX2 root folder) I supposed I could use that, I guess I was wrong.
You do mention VS 2010 at the top of the thread, though. Me confused.
The guide does recommend against using VS 2010, but since it also recommends to use ancient DX SDK versions I wasn't sure whether the guide was up to date. Plus, tbh I didn't notice that at the top it says it was last update December 2nd.
I'll try to see if I can install VS 2008 instead and compile with that if that can help.

To answer your questions :
- I used debug as configuration, and x64 as platform, is it a mistake ? I don't care too much if the emu runs slow and stuff like that: I'm trying to compile to test translations (well, future translations).
- Is SSE4 a shortcut for SSE4.1 here? Because my CPU, an Athlon II X4, doesn't support SSE4.1

ps : btw, it's really a detail but, strangely, no screenshot in the wiki-guide will open properly for me, making them not too convenient to view : Firefox will insist on asking me where to save the screenshot file, instead of opening it inside the browser - it seems some MIME type, header or something alike is missing somewhere.
(12-10-2010, 03:29 AM)Keade Wrote: [ -> ]ps : btw, it's really a detail but, strangely, no screenshot in the wiki-guide will open properly for me, making them not too convenient to view : Firefox will insist on asking me where to save the screenshot file, instead of opening it inside the browser - it seems some MIME type, header or something alike is missing somewhere.

Google just changed the design for the googlecode pages this days, guess it's still has issues like that but it was working fine before Tongue2
(12-10-2010, 03:29 AM)Keade Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, well since I saw that 2010 solution file (on PCSX2 root folder) I supposed I could use that, I guess I was wrong.
You do mention VS 2010 at the top of the thread, though. Me confused.
My apologies my 2nd post made you and probably others confused. I edited it correspondingly.

Quote:but since it also recommends to use ancient DX SDK versions I wasn't sure whether the guide was up to date. Plus, tbh I didn't notice that at the top it says it was last update December 2nd.
The guide was not updated throughout, just something particular was updated.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=4069

It'd be better always choose the latest DXSDK.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=71193&clcid=0x409

Quote:I used debug as configuration, and x64 as platform, is it a mistake ? I don't care too much if the emu runs slow and stuff like that: I'm trying to compile to test translations (well, future translations).
I didn't find the guide stated x64 is not supported, it claimed in somewhere else for linux.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Chro...troduction

The x64 option as platform should have been removed from the source code! I dunno why it is retained, as long as x64 is not supported.

Indeed! One of normal Release SSE builds is enough to test the GUI Translation. You're confusing the term "test" with "debug", you're about to test the GUI Translation, not to debug pcsx2 program itself, right?

Quote:- Is SSE4 a shortcut for SSE4.1 here? Because my CPU, an Athlon II X4, doesn't support SSE4.1
Yes, It means SSE4.1, AMD CPUs are supposed to stick with ONLY SSE2. You can see SSE41 within the long name of GSdx when selecting GS Plugins.

Also I didn't see an explanation for SSE4 as SSE4.1 in the guide.

Release SSE4 should have been refined to Release SSE41, from the solution file I guess.

Quote:ps : btw, it's really a detail but, strangely, no screenshot in the wiki-guide will open properly for me, making them not too convenient to view : Firefox will insist on asking me where to save the screenshot file, instead of opening it inside the browser - it seems some MIME type, header or something alike is missing somewhere.
I'm also browsing with Firefox nowadays and your problem doesn't occur here. You may try refresh the page several times as it includes lotta images, where page may not display properly in Firefox.
Thanks for the advice, I'm soon going to try compiling with VS 2008 with these recommendations.
Code:
Error: Can't move  
Error: 'C:\Users\Colin\Downloads\PCSX2-Revisions\PCSX2\3rdparty\portaudio\src\hostapi\wasapi\.svn\tmp\entries'  
Error: to  
Error: 'C:\Users\Colin\Downloads\PCSX2-Revisions\PCSX2\3rdparty\portaudio\src\hostapi\wasapi\.svn\entries':  
Error: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.  
Finished!:

I keep getting this adter I try to update. I get as far as:
Code:
Added: C:\Users\Colin\Downloads\PCSX2-Revisions\PCSX2\3rdparty\portaudio\src\hostapi\wasapi\pa_win_wasapi.c  
Added: C:\Users\Colin\Downloads\PCSX2-Revisions\PCSX2\3rdparty\portaudio\src\hostapi\wasapi\readme.txt
before it gives me that error. =\

edit: OK it seems to have worked this time. It may have been my connection... we'll see =p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36