..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Mana Khemia [NTSC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hmm...
I seem to have similiar problems with the game going completely black when trying to enter the world map.

I've tried some of the tips in this thread but...
...none seem to work.

How did you guys get it to work?
SVN works fine for me, patched with the "gustfix" patch going around.

Have yet to experience any problem, 35h into the game.
Seems it works fine by applying the gust fix on revision 426. Temp solution, but...
I tried the gust patch on several svn versions. But none worked. And i am unable to find the svn version which ran back to version 426.

Thx already if someone can help me Wink.
(04-01-2009, 03:00 PM)Elenar Wrote: [ -> ]I tried the gust patch on several svn versions. But none worked. And i am unable to find the svn version which ran back to version 426.

Thx already if someone can help me Wink.

It's still there according to google and tortoise.

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=426

I could always email it to ya, but that carries it's own risks. Caveat obtinui. Wink How are you getting the other svns? PM me. This is kind of off topic.
Quote:It's still there according to google and tortoise.

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=426

I could always email it to ya, but that carries it's own risks. Caveat obtinui. Wink How are you getting the other svns? PM me. This is kind of off topic.

Thx, it works fine. I will play again lots of hours on this game Smile.
Ok, asking for a status report here. I think that there should be no more bugs as of the latest beta but I want to make sure. Thanks.
The background issue is solved, but the game is still unplayable because you can't exit to the world map. Sad

About the fix for the backgrounds, is it supposed to make the image shift everytime the background changes, such as selecting different characters in the menu? I can see exactly where it shifts on the screen(much more noticable in higher resolutions), such as a transparent vertical line and a colored vertical line on the left and right edges of the screen, respectively, as well as 13 evenly spaced transparent horizontal lines. It's like this in all of the games that were affected(Atelier Iris 1-3, Ar Tonelico 1-2, Mana Khemia 1), and while it's a very minor shift, it can get very annoying in scenes where it shifts every second, the most noticable one being dualstalls in AT2.

I'm not sure if it's like that because that's the only way to fix the issue or because of a bug, so I thought I'd mention it just to be safe. If it has to be like that then that's fine since it's definitely an improvement from before.

Also, there are still bugs left in AT and AT2 that are mentioned in their respective threads(black squares around faces during conversations, falling through the floor when running up against treasure chests with EE rounding set to chop/zero, world map issues), but the floor one probably doesn't count as a bug since it's an advanced option issue, and the rest seem to be GSDX related, so should I make another thread in the plugin section to replace the ones you locked, or should I post about them in the GSDX thread?
i can see what you talking about some vertical lines on Ar Tonelico and mana khemia, but most of the times they are not there ( most visible on white and color below the talks with character image), the other problems doesn't happen to me, world map problem on mana khemia is still there.
(04-18-2009, 09:37 PM)seinfeldx Wrote: [ -> ]i can see what you talking about some vertical lines on Ar Tonelico and mana khemia, but most of the times they are not there ( most visible on white and color below the talks with character image), the other problems doesn't happen to me, world map problem on mana khemia is still there.

As best as I can tell, the shifting problem, and therefore the lines, only occur when there is a change in the background, such as changes in facial expressions in character portraits during conversations as you said. I didn't notice any problems while walking around or during battles so they really aren't there most of the time.

The falling through the floor glitch is related to what you have your ee rec rounding mode set to, the black squares around faces only occurs if you use any resolution other than native, and the world map issue only happens in hardware mode, so if you're using some combination of settings to avoid those, that might be why you don't see them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13