..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug report]Final Fantaxy X[PAL]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
This bug report is for the international version of FFX, I don't know if it happens in other versions.
PCSX2 version: 0.9.6
Plugins: ZeroGS 0.97.1 or GSdx 890, ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6, LilyPad 0.9.9, Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
All CPU options set at initial defaults.

When leaving the temple in Djose, there is a cutscene where Yuna is laughed at for having "bed-hair". The emulator crashes to Windows every time toward the end of the line "the only one really laughing was me." (If you skip lines of dialogue with O button then more dialogue will occur, but this is the timing if you do not.)

I was able to workaround by loading my memcard in the PCSX2 0.9.5, which uses the following plugins:
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.0, ZeroSPU 0.4.4, LilyPad 0.9.4, Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0

So unfortunately I am not certain whether the problem is with the emulator or the plugins.
I also apologize for not having a memcard file for you, I overwrote the save as soon as possible before deciding to report the bug.
And, did you try with the latest beta?
(04-06-2009, 02:42 PM)Krakatos Wrote: [ -> ]And, did you try with the latest beta?

No, for the same reason
(04-06-2009, 06:02 AM)Dansiman Wrote: [ -> ]I overwrote the save as soon as possible before deciding to report the bug.
Again, my apologies.
# Game: Final Fantasy X [PAL]
# Pcsx2 version: 0.9.6
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: ZeroGS 0.97.1 or GSdx 890, ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6, LilyPad 0.9.9, Gizaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
# Description: Same problem as Dansiman: When leaving the temple in Djose, there is a cutscene where Yuna is laughed at for having "bed-hair". The emulator crashes to Windows every time toward the end of the line "the only one really laughing was me."

I tried various settings to see if they made any difference, but kept crashing at the same spot. Used the BETA 872 version and was able to pass the spot with no problems.
# Game: Final Fantasy X [PAL]
# Pcsx2 version: 0.9.6
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0/vurec1 on, MTGS also on
# Plugins used: GSdx 890, SPU2-X 1.1.0, LilyPad 0.9.11, P.E.Op.S. CDVD ( CDVD mod ) 1.3.0
# Description: In Area 17 - home ( al bhed city which is attacked )
The Guardians are searching for Yuna , after some cutscene's and moving around there is comming a cutscene where the group will have a discussion about the summonors. However in this cutscense when a Thunder appears my game is crashing.
The Ps2 Output dont shows any error message about that crash.

I also tried various settings to see if that gonna make any diffrence , but it kept crashing at the same spot.

Edit:
Sorry i am abit new to all that.
I used the BETA 872 version ( like the Person before me ) and was able to pass the spot with no problems.
(04-09-2009, 07:54 AM)Fearmachine Wrote: [ -> ]Plugins used:
1) GSdx 890
2) SPU2-X 1.1.0
LilyPad 0.9.11, P.E.Op.S. CDVD ( CDVD mod ) 1.3.0
# Description: In Area 17 - home ( al bhed city which is attacked )
The Guardians are searching for Yuna , after some cutscene's and moving around there is comming a cutscene where the group will have a discussion about the summonors. However in this cutscense when a Thunder appears my game is crashing.
The Ps2 Output dont shows any error message about that crash.

I also tried various settings to see if that gonna make any diffrence , but it kept crashing at the same spot.

1) that's an old gsdx, try 877 (also are you using DX10 or 9, and is your pc capable of running 10?)
2) SPU2-X has some major issues with FFX, try ZeroSPU2

other info:

In the same scene on the NTSC U/C version, only using DX10 could pass it, when trying on dx9 it crashed. (also I used an ISO, not the DVD)
(02-28-2009, 11:43 PM)JohnGellar Wrote: [ -> ]# Game Version: FFX German (SCES 50492, CRC 941BB7D9)

# PCSX2 0.9.6 (crash)

# PCSX2 SVNs: r612 (crash), r632 (black screen, no repsonse) - (r590 and r603 worked fine)

# Plugins (as of 0.9.6):
gsdx, zerogs
lilypad
spu2-x

# CPU: default (MTGS EERec VU0 VU1 on, limit @56)
# Advanced Settings: EE round mode negative, everything else default
# Speed hacks off

# Description:
In some Scenes the graphics get corrupted (starts as minor polygon glitches, within a few seconds whole screens gets garbled)) followed by emulator crashing (r612) or going for a black screen/no response (r632). Using r603 there's no corruption visible and emulator continues.
I have the exact same problem,only for me it was in djose temple and al bhed home. I started using pcsx2 a week ago and im unfurmiliar with all these terms. So whats r603,because i apparently need it. I apologize if i irritate anybody with this question.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2318.html

follow the link from this thread. it has a beta version, not sure which atm, it fixed the Home bug a lot of revisions back.

i never crashed on 0.9.6 @ Temple where Yuna fixes her hair. might be a config you guys are running. i did everything with default settings.
I'm crashing in Djose temple as well. I'll fiddle with the config and see what's causing it.

Edit: Found it. Tried every combination of settings and plugins imaginable, nothing fixed the crash. For those who are curious when: As Yuna fixes her hair, Tidus says something about laughter and him being the only one really laughing, camera zooms in and game crashes.

Thanks to the above poster for linking the beta version, tried that and no problems whatsoever. Saved afterwards and now I can continue playing, rejoice!
Beta 872 used and fixed also at Djose temple.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18